December 15, 2018, 03:15:04 AM

Author Topic: Behind Closed Doors friendly today  (Read 4293 times)

October 12, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Reply #30

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I like McCarthy, always gave 100% for the team, be good to see him back, he's way down the pecking order now, a move away in January would be great for him, new start somewhere.

Always put country before club even though he isnít even Irish, couple of occasions he could of said no but went off to Martin OíNeil and came back to us crocked, not the most loyal player to the club.

October 12, 2018, 02:14:22 PM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

Always put country before club even though he isnít even Irish

Snide comment, that.

October 12, 2018, 02:19:58 PM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

October 12, 2018, 02:26:34 PM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

True though

It's not. Do you know his family history? The reason he identifies as Irish? It's a disrespectful comment.

October 12, 2018, 02:36:33 PM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's not. Do you know his family history? The reason he identifies as Irish? It's a disrespectful comment.

Whatís not true about the fact that he was born and raised in Glasgow as were his parents but that he is eligible to play for R.O.I because of his grandparents, itís also on record that he would have played for Scotland if they had asked him first, whatís not true about any of that ?

October 12, 2018, 02:48:15 PM
Reply #35

Martip

I couldn't care a less whether he plays for Scotland, Ireland, South Africa as long as he gets got and puts a shift in for us.

October 12, 2018, 03:19:32 PM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

It is true to be fair.

He chose Ireland because they asked first and Scotland didnít really show any interest.

October 12, 2018, 03:23:05 PM
Reply #37

Jamokachi

Whatís not true about the fact that he was born and raised in Glasgow as were his parents but that he is eligible to play for R.O.I because of his grandparents, itís also on record that he would have played for Scotland if they had asked him first, whatís not true about any of that ?

He plays for Ireland to honour his grandfather, who he considers to be a major influence on his career and life. You, nor I, nor anyone else is at liberty to question that. It's a personal decision for the lad, which should be respected.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:25:21 PM by Jamokachi »

October 12, 2018, 03:23:31 PM
Reply #38

Ramjam

It is true to be fair.

He chose Ireland because they asked first and Scotland didn't really show any interest.
Lucky for Scotland, or perhaps great insight
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 12, 2018, 03:40:17 PM
Reply #39

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He plays for Ireland to honour his grandfather, who he considers to be a major influence on his career and life. You, nor I, nor anyone else is at liberty to question that. It's a personal decision for the lad, which should be respected.

Wasnít disrespecting him, quite like him as a player but was stating fact, he should show loyalty to the club and supporters that pay his wages, he has fulfilled his promise to his grandfather and may continue to play for ROI but NOT against the best advice of the club when he he is carrying or has barely recovered from an injury but goes ahead and joins up regardless and comes back crocked again .

October 12, 2018, 03:43:26 PM
Reply #40

Jamokachi

I'm sure he doesn't go with the intention of getting injured. Representing his country obviously means a lot to him. It may mean more than turning out for Everton, big deal. He's a player that wants to play. If there are issues with him being picked that should be sorted between the club and nation, not left to the player.

October 12, 2018, 05:21:19 PM
Reply #41

eyesalwaysblue

Think a fit Mcarthy will be useful for Silva.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 12, 2018, 05:35:28 PM
Reply #42

Waltzer

McCarthy should add lots of pressing and extremely sideways passing which is good because at the moment all weíve got is...oh wait a sec

I think McCarthy is massively under rated, you cant hide the fact his injury record is abysmal which will eventually cost him, but when he is fit I think hes better than anything we have in that position, he closes down just as good as Gueye, better range of passing and is more of a threat going forward

October 12, 2018, 06:08:11 PM
Reply #43

Mouse

McCarthy should add lots of pressing and extremely sideways passing which is good because at the moment all weíve got is...oh wait a sec
Totally understand this but I also remember a McCarthy who closed down quickly and agressively, won ball early and helped drive us forward. Or is that a false memory, blue tinted looking back at that Martinez season? He's had so many injuries since then that maybe he can't get back that dynamism I remember (rightly or wrongly!).

October 12, 2018, 06:09:47 PM
Reply #44

Bluenose 91

Gueye is about a billion times better than McCarthy at everything.

This is a fella who actively takes up positions on the pitch so that he can't be passed to.

He's absolutely dog shit.