October 18, 2018, 03:06:53 AM

Author Topic: Behind Closed Doors friendly today  (Read 2933 times)

October 12, 2018, 06:26:55 PM
Reply #45

charlatan

McCarthy will be a superior option to Shithouse Mo whichever way it goes

October 12, 2018, 06:43:28 PM
Reply #46

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Cant quite believe I'm seeing the words James Mcarthy and passing range in the same sentence.

Classic case of a player becoming better whilst injured

October 12, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
Reply #47

Martip

Gueye is about a billion times better than McCarthy at everything.

This is a fella who actively takes up positions on the pitch so that he can't be passed to.

He's absolutely dog shit.
There isn't a lot better than gueye in the prem at what he does. He's so underrated.

October 12, 2018, 06:57:45 PM
Reply #48

Ross

Think a fit Mcarthy will be useful for Silva.

Every manager hes had here has had him straight into the team as soon as hes fit, likely Silva will do the exact same thing.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 12, 2018, 07:04:13 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

Hes not dogshit at all, he was superb in his first season, lost his way since then and had a few bad injuries, when he is fit will be a far better option than Schneiderlin

October 12, 2018, 07:04:47 PM
Reply #50

eyesalwaysblue

Every manager hes had here has had him straight into the team as soon as hes fit, likely Silva will do the exact same thing.
Has his limits but who hasn't,  some grit when we need it, injury cover, glad if he's back, he's been unlucky.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 12, 2018, 07:08:26 PM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hes not dogshit at all, he was superb in his first season, lost his way since then and had a few bad injuries, when he is fit will be a far better option than Schneiderlin

Even without the injuries his form since that first season has been poor.

I don't get what will suddenly change?

October 12, 2018, 07:16:48 PM
Reply #52

Cereal Killer

McCarthy is average, will be another option and hopefully still more mobile and aggressive than Schneids, but that's about it, and of course we should look to replace when we can

See him playing against the better teams when we need two DMs to break up play and generally run around a lot because we won't have much of the ball

Absolutely no need for him against teams that will sit back against us though as he's not creative or that good with the ball

So yeah, average and will have some uses

October 12, 2018, 07:34:45 PM
Reply #53

blue1948

My take is McCarthy is/ was a really tidy player who tends to pass safely ,there is no denying his loyalty to the Irish team at the cost of Everton .A fit McCarthy would be another spoke in the wheel but his loyalty to Everton is not up for argument, he knows he put Ireland first .

October 12, 2018, 08:16:52 PM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

He had one strong season for us (and I'm not even convinced he was that good in that season, personally) and loads of people have this rose-tinted perspective on him. For me, he's spent so many games going missing, passing backwards when he was under no pressure, not showing for the ball, getting nosebleeds when he crossed the halfway line, getting injured (not his fault, obviously), and putting his country before the club that pays his wages.

I'd get rid of him at the first available opportunity, and I'd rather he wasn't still here at all.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 12, 2018, 09:40:27 PM
Reply #55

Bigjmill

He had one strong season for us (and I'm not even convinced he was that good in that season, personally) and loads of people have this rose-tinted perspective on him. For me, he's spent so many games going missing, passing backwards when he was under no pressure, not showing for the ball, getting nosebleeds when he crossed the halfway line, getting injured (not his fault, obviously), and putting his country before the club that pays his wages.

I'd get rid of him at the first available opportunity, and I'd rather he wasn't still here at all.

But wasn't that was Roberto Martinez asked of all of his players?
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

October 12, 2018, 10:06:50 PM
Reply #56

eyesalwaysblue

Even without the injuries his form since that first season has been poor.

I don't get what will suddenly change?
Just think he's worth some game time under Silva, he's no superstar but could be useful when we need to tighten up when we're under pressure, an option from the bench..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 12, 2018, 10:54:34 PM
Reply #57

gizzblue

Well better than Schneiderlin ..
on a pat with Guaye when he's fit (albeit rare) ...always liked the lad. .always give it all he has never shit out of a challenge unlike some we have still ....and again every manager can't be wrong about him ....they all seem to love the lad ...would love to see him fit for a season .

October 12, 2018, 10:55:22 PM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gana is a few levels above McCarthy.

October 12, 2018, 10:58:33 PM
Reply #59

Lxxx

Complete shithouse of a player. Has no stomach for offering anything other than occasionally running after a player with the ball and hounding him into playing a ball back towards his own goal. Which for some reason gets a cheer from the stands and makes people think hes putting a shift in.

We need to be aiming for way past James McCarthy in the middle of the park.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:59:52 PM by Lxxx »