October 23, 2019, 02:51:28 AM

Author Topic: Behind Closed Doors friendly today  (Read 5985 times)

October 12, 2018, 12:31:47 AM
Read 5985 times

Martip

be good to have the option of Gana and McCarthy in CM, they would both cover a lot, especially with the front 4 and both full backs pushed on
You know what id  forgotten about McCarthy....it's good to have different options with him and gomes offering alternatives to quite a weak area in the team.

October 12, 2018, 12:59:47 AM
Reply #1

Martip

Rumours that Mina had to be taken off before he was sent off
He's obviously had some 1-1 training with Big Dunc.

October 12, 2018, 01:29:41 AM
Reply #2

Martip

McCarthy should add lots of pressing and extremely sideways passing which is good because at the moment all we’ve got is...oh wait a sec
Thing is id always go for McCarthy over Morgan.....I know they SHOULD offer pretty much the same thing but Morgan sadly is just not cutting it.

Really high hopes for gomes though who if he settles could be an absolute tank and bring some much needed good looks to our midfield.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:35:03 AM by Martip »

October 12, 2018, 02:52:00 AM
Reply #3

Martip

Oh dear. Another one who has forgotten what McCarthy does, or doesn’t, bring to the team.
Not at all I am fully aware of what he brings to the table and for games when Silva wants to go with two defensive midfielders I'd choose a fit McCarthy over Morgan any day of the week.

However, I personally would rather we have a player like gomes in there as a general rule.

October 12, 2018, 02:48:15 PM
Reply #4

Martip

I couldn't care a less whether he plays for Scotland, Ireland, South Africa as long as he gets got and puts a shift in for us.

October 12, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
Reply #5

Martip

Gueye is about a billion times better than McCarthy at everything.

This is a fella who actively takes up positions on the pitch so that he can't be passed to.

He's absolutely dog shit.
There isn't a lot better than gueye in the prem at what he does. He's so underrated.