October 24, 2019, 06:05:34 AM

Author Topic: Behind Closed Doors friendly today  (Read 5990 times)

October 12, 2018, 01:28:02 AM
Read 5990 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
McCarthy should add lots of pressing and extremely sideways passing which is good because at the moment all we’ve got is...oh wait a sec
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 15, 2018, 10:05:55 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not entirely sure what to make of him anymore but a fit McCarthy could be a good option to cover/rotate with Gana, with Gomes and Davies playing most of the minutes at the other deep midfield position. At the very least, that would allow us to shift Schneiderlin's wages off the books without sacrificing depth.

Picking any two of Gana, McCarthy, and Schneiderlin to start a match together is death and we should never do it as long as Davies or Gomes is fit. It seems like Silva has worked this out, which can only be a good thing moving forward.

Wait til the next deep block at Goodison imo. He might line up with Morgan in the 6 and Gana/Davies ahead.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 16, 2018, 09:54:16 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely baffled by some of the shouts in here about McCarthy.

Scores about half a goal a year and people are talking about the threat he has.

Only threat from James McCarthy is a shithouse tackle for no reason.