October 19, 2018, 03:37:10 PM

Author Topic: Nuneaton Boro  (Read 303 times)

October 12, 2018, 12:37:07 AM
Read 303 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
About to go bump due to having no money whatsoever.  All staff have been told they won't be paid this month.

First time I've been close to any of these club closures, as a couple of my mates from back at college are Boro fans and I've been to a few games over the years(Inc the last at the old ground which sort of set the ball rolling on this whole mess) and i've even been away with England with them and their Nuneaton Borough flag.  One of them is even the chairman of the supporters group trying to salvage the situation.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/nuneaton-borough-future-jeopardy-15236792

It's now far more likely than not that they'll shutter the doors before the end of the month, and I've not seen it mentioned anywhere other than on my mates Twitter feeds and a couple of very local news sites.

It's a real shame.
My momma says I'm special.

October 12, 2018, 03:14:22 AM
Reply #1

Cereal Killer

Didn't they collapse fairly recently already?

Ok well 2008, but twice in a decade smacks of something not quite right?

October 12, 2018, 03:35:20 AM
Reply #2

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't they collapse fairly recently already?

Ok well 2008, but twice in a decade smacks of something not quite right?

Yeah, reformed as Nuneaton Town and only changed back this summer with league approval, but last time they had the ground as an asset and interested parties but this time they've neither(The ground is owned by Port Vale's chairman weirdly).
My momma says I'm special.

October 13, 2018, 07:08:05 AM
Reply #3

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Been there done that with my non league club.
In your favour is that no one in the league will want you to go bust as it messes up the league in many ways. Your supporters trust (if you haven't got one set up then it needs doing urgently) will get a ton of support and advice from Supporters Direct who are massive in the game now. Finally, anyone with money who may want to come in and help will probably leave it late to see where else money will be coming from. Show their hand too early and everyone else steps back and let's them take the risks. You need as much publicity as you can get. Local media of every kind and the regional media as well. Unlikely you will get much nationally without a 'good' different story.
Losing your club is awful as I know but you fight every inch of the way,  include as many people as you can, see what skills and expertise you have between you and start collecting and raising as much money as you can but don't just put it into a financial black hole managed by whoever runs the club now,  hold it back as a bargaining chip for later.
The bottom line - you've reformed once you can do it again. Someone has a football ground without a tenant = equals no rent!
It''s a long hard road but there are now success stories through most of the leagues from the Championship downwards. Look at what is now 1874 Northwich to see what can be achieved or, much higher,  Swansea, Exeter, Wimbledon, Telford - I could go on and on. GOOD LUCK
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

14 hours ago
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Long slot on Midlands TV tonight about them. My bet is that something is happening behind the scenes. If so hope it works out for them. Been on their old ground a few times watching my non league team.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.