November 14, 2018, 05:59:02 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton join the fight to end period poverty  (Read 2527 times)

October 17, 2018, 12:49:12 AM
Reply #30

Mouse

I think it is sad but true, if men were the bleeders these issues would have been resolved long ago. Good that EFC is moving the debate forward.

October 17, 2018, 02:09:46 AM
Reply #31

blue1948

Congratulations to the most absurd comments ever .How is it possible to equate a shit and having a menstrual cycle ,What a total knobhead .Does he not realise they are two different holes.

October 17, 2018, 02:12:33 AM
Reply #32

BlueForYou

The Humanity Club

Time for an Everton Food Bank
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2018, 02:23:01 AM
Reply #33

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Swerve free nappies. Destroying the environment and there are resumable ones.

As ram said, plasters and bandages should be freely available from all public premises.

As they should be, as sanitary products should be.
Personal supplies of these items though? Well, they cost money to make and I think it's not obscene to have to pay for the cost of manufacture.

October 17, 2018, 02:25:01 AM
Reply #34

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Is it legal to nick bog roll from public bathrooms?

Might save yourself a few bob.

October 17, 2018, 02:45:14 AM
Reply #35

Thornton_19

Womens lives are shit enough as it is having to bleed every 28 days. Making them pay on top of it just to try and have a sense of normality is shitty. Let them have this concession without questioning it.

They also shouldnt have to pay a luxury tax on their razors because men dont on theirs.

October 17, 2018, 02:56:16 AM
Reply #36

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Womens lives are shit enough as it is having to bleed every 28 days. Making them pay on top of it just to try and have a sense of normality is shitty. Let them have this concession without questioning it.

They also shouldnt have to pay a luxury tax on their razors because men dont on theirs.

All razors are subject to the same 20% vat rate.

Women's razors being more expensive are due to shitehawk makers pushing what they can get away with.

October 17, 2018, 03:19:44 AM
Reply #37

boothill

Dr white time please?

Tampax 2

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 17, 2018, 03:30:35 AM
Reply #38

eugene

Why couldn’t they do this in December? Just for the Christmas period?...

October 17, 2018, 04:06:34 AM
Reply #39

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Swerve free nappies. Destroying the environment and there are resumable ones.

As ram said, plasters and bandages should be freely available from all public premises.

As they should be, as sanitary products should be.
Personal supplies of these items though? Well, they cost money to make and I think it's not obscene to have to pay for the cost of manufacture.

These alternatives to tampons if we are talking the environment like

October 17, 2018, 04:51:03 AM
Reply #40

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, they're pretty horrendous like.
I'm shocked there hasn't been a mainstream, green, alternative of them brought to market & gone on to kill it.

October 17, 2018, 09:20:46 AM
Reply #41

Jamokachi

Yeah, they're pretty horrendous like.
I'm shocked there hasn't been a mainstream, green, alternative of them brought to market & gone on to kill it.

I know a few women who use cups, but there’s a huge stigma around that.

Personally I think I’m with you on this Mick. It’s a great initiative by the club, and in public bathrooms these products should be freely available. Much like toilet paper for the home though, you have to pay. There’s little to no difference.

I think what most take issue with though is that sanitary products are subject to a ‘luxury item’ tax, which is absurd. They’re not a luxury in the slightest.

October 17, 2018, 03:41:17 PM
Reply #42

blue1948

Personally I think I’m with you on this Mick. It’s a great initiative by the club, and in public bathrooms these products should be freely available. Much like toilet paper for the home though, you have to pay. There’s little to no difference.

I think what most take issue with though is that sanitary products are subject to a ‘luxury item’ tax, which is absurd. They’re not a luxury in the slightest.

They an essential item but to some they definitely are a luxury .

October 17, 2018, 04:01:36 PM
Reply #43

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

You see, we don't have a luxury tax in the UK (or the EU - who are the people who dictate this matter).
That's America (possibly Norway, i think).

Part of the emotion tied up behind this issue is due to urban legend type miscommunications.
They are taxed well under most things.
Except jaffa cakes. There is no tax on jaffa cakes!

October 17, 2018, 04:06:04 PM
Reply #44

Jamokachi

You see, we don't have a luxury tax in the UK (or the EU - who are the people who dictate this matter).
That's America (possibly Norway, i think).

Part of the emotion tied up behind this issue is due to urban legend type miscommunications.
They are taxed well under most things.
Except jaffa cakes. There is no tax on jaffa cakes!

Fair enough. The "luxury tax" I mention has just been removed on sanitary products here in Australia. Given the media hype I wrongly presumed it was a thing in the UK too.