December 14, 2018, 02:48:48 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton join the fight to end period poverty  (Read 2926 times)

October 15, 2018, 09:12:46 PM
Read 2926 times

Everton News

Everton join the fight to end period poverty

Everton have joined forces with the global feminine hygiene brand Lil-Lets to provide female supporters with free sanitary products at Goodison Park.

Source: Everton join the fight to end period poverty

October 16, 2018, 01:00:27 AM
Reply #1

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 16, 2018, 01:00:44 AM
Reply #2

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 16, 2018, 01:29:42 AM
Reply #3

Bally

Administrator
I am very proud to say the fans forum had a partnin moving this forward

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

October 16, 2018, 01:53:24 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It is fucking madness that women have to pay for these like anywhere

October 16, 2018, 03:13:01 PM
Reply #5

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It is fucking madness that women have to pay for these like anywhere

May be a touch controversial, but they should have to pay for them for the same reasons you have to pay for toilet paper.

It is obscene that it is taxed though (at the 5%, the minimum it can be under EU law). Cakes are VAT exempt. (Not razors though, that's a myth and they are subject to 20% vat).
It's an area with some blind spots for people. Our government are utterly tied to the EU regulations on this and we have to tax them (until the EU changes it's common market rules or we leave).

What Everton are doing here, however, is brilliant.

October 16, 2018, 03:37:33 PM
Reply #6

Cozzie

They have to pay for them because they are classed as a luxury item apparently, or something like that.

October 16, 2018, 04:23:02 PM
Reply #7

Toffee1

Simplifying this a lot as I know there are numerous reasons for having this but if men can get condoms for free, why can't women get sanitary products free?

October 16, 2018, 04:57:00 PM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Should be free, fucking awful how expensive they are. Does my head in.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 16, 2018, 05:09:14 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Simplifying this a lot as I know there are numerous reasons for having this but if men can get condoms for free, why can't women get sanitary products free?

Have to pay for condoms, donít you?

October 16, 2018, 05:13:59 PM
Reply #10

Toffee1

Have to pay for condoms, donít you?

Taken from the NHS website.

You can get free contraception and condoms from:

most GP surgeries (talk to your GP or practice nurse)

community contraceptive clinics

some genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics

sexual health clinics (these offer contraceptive and STI testing services)

some young people's services

October 16, 2018, 05:16:39 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Free condoms have a payback to the NHS, they prevent sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies in teenagers. Tampons are an essential personal hygiene item and no woman should find herself in the situation that they can not afford to have access to them, I think it is a great thing that we are doing (no country in the world provides free tampons) but just hope that this great initiative is not abused by some who given that they are freely available in the ladies, just fill their boots with them and they disappear before kick off.

October 16, 2018, 05:46:59 PM
Reply #12

blue1948

Free condoms have a payback to the NHS, they prevent sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies in teenagers. Tampons are an essential personal hygiene item and no woman should find herself in the situation that they can not afford to have access to them, I think it is a great thing that we are doing (no country in the world provides free tampons) but just hope that this great initiative is not abused by some who given that they are freely available in the ladies, just fill their boots with them and they disappear before kick off.

In Finland you have to show an ID card  then it would automatically be monitored to prevent abuse of the offer .

October 16, 2018, 05:50:46 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
In Finland you have to show an ID card  then it would automatically be monitored to prevent abuse of the offer .

Yes but my understanding of this is that they will just be left in the ladies for women to help themselves, it would be easy for someone who might attend a match once in a blue moon to walk away with a years supply (donít ask me how many tampons that would be  ???)

October 16, 2018, 06:07:18 PM
Reply #14

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Am i alone in equating them with toilet paper?