November 17, 2018, 02:33:25 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton want £54m Ramsey  (Read 3432 times)

October 17, 2018, 05:01:04 PM
Reply #15

Macca77

What a load of nonsense

October 17, 2018, 06:03:32 PM
Reply #16

Waltzer

Hope this comes off, massive improvement on what we have. The wages are extortionate to most, but a player of his quality warrants that. We all seemed happy to chuck the equivalent of about 200k a week on Bernard and there was no issue, despite the fact he untested in this league. Ramsey is top draw and if we could offload Schneiderlin whose on 120k then its a no brainer (and I actually rate Morgs!)

October 17, 2018, 06:24:29 PM
Reply #17

Cozzie

Wouldn't he be free once his deal has ran out? I was under the impression he was running his deal down?

I like him you could see the difference he made when he came on V Fulham.

I'm not sure he is the absolute ANSWER to our midfield problems but if we got him in and got rid of maybe McCarthy and Besic the upturn in quality would be a no brainer there.

Can't see it happening though to be fair.

October 17, 2018, 08:54:18 PM
Reply #18

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't he be free once his deal has ran out? I was under the impression he was running his deal down?

I like him you could see the difference he made when he came on V Fulham.

I'm not sure he is the absolute ANSWER to our midfield problems but if we got him in and got rid of maybe McCarthy and Besic the upturn in quality would be a no brainer there.

Can't see it happening though to be fair.

Yeah he would be on a free but what I read it as is a 15 m signing on fee and the rest made up of his wage for duration of the contract

October 17, 2018, 09:08:55 PM
Reply #19

bigmanbob

More chance of me playing for us

October 17, 2018, 09:33:52 PM
Reply #20

D15TIN

Gomes is on loan and will be gone at the end of the season once we have brought him back to full fitness.
Barca arnt keen on him at all I don't think, he was a hero at Valencia - we need to get him back to that level.

October 17, 2018, 09:38:53 PM
Reply #21

Hawkandro

150k per week x 5 year deal = 39m + 15m signing on bonus?!?   :o

That's what has been reported in The Guardian's rumour section today.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 17, 2018, 09:44:09 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be surprised. Not really the profile of player Brands has been looking at so far.

I'm going to put this down to agents spreading their stories to drum up competition for his signature until there is something more concrete.

I don't think he's a bad player, just don't think he's what we're after.

October 17, 2018, 10:55:07 PM
Reply #23

School of Science

If we are spending big on anyone it has to be a centre forward, who knows Gomes could be the midfielder we been missing since Arteta left.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 17, 2018, 11:48:20 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hes not ^

We need a good centremid more than anything but I dont think Gomes or Ramsey are the answer tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 18, 2018, 12:09:15 AM
Reply #25

kramer0

I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of paying a player with his injury history a top wage into his age-33 season.

I like Ramsey just fine but we can do better.

October 18, 2018, 12:19:25 AM
Reply #26

gizzblue

Let the mancs or chelski pay his alleged extortionatecl wage ...we need younger and better .
Born not made a blue .

October 18, 2018, 12:57:36 AM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

I think he's excellent, and would be fine with us paying big wages for probably a 40/50m player ordinarily. I take the point about his age and the length of contract, but you could probably still sell him for 15/20m when he's 31/32 if you wanted to.

Love a goalscoring midfielder, and think he could be a very good number 8 for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 18, 2018, 12:59:30 AM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm neither for or against it. He'll be a good addition if he comes, value for money not as convinced

October 18, 2018, 01:10:41 AM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's a great player, the money mentioned tho is mad
Simply simply lovely