November 16, 2018, 08:38:50 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton want £54m Ramsey  (Read 3416 times)

November 01, 2018, 05:20:13 PM
Reply #60

Hesmenos

Ramsey said that he was offered a contract which he had accepted verbally. But then Arsenal changed their mind and withdrew the contract.

November 01, 2018, 05:20:36 PM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously not rated by the manager.

November 01, 2018, 05:54:52 PM
Reply #62

Hesmenos

Obviously not rated by the manager.
I read somewhere that it was their new director of Football that decided. He believes that they have good players coming up from the youth team and that it would be better value to promote some of them instead of giving Ramsey a 200k/week contract. Also with Ozil's new contract their wage bill is unsustainable (especially without CL football) and they can't actually afford to give him a new contract.

November 01, 2018, 06:06:45 PM
Reply #63

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I read somewhere that it was their new director of Football that decided. He believes that they have good players coming up from the youth team and that it would be better value to promote some of them instead of giving Ramsey a 200k/week contract. Also with Ozil's new contract their wage bill is unsustainable (especially without CL football) and they can't actually afford to give him a new contract.

For the same reason i reckon we only have room for one more high-earner.
And Ramsey is far down the list of people i would like to take that position.

November 02, 2018, 01:05:02 AM
Reply #64

BlueForYou

Doucoure, Neves and the four M's:

Malcolm, Militao, Martins and Mata
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 02, 2018, 01:20:26 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
For the same reason i reckon we only have room for one more high-earner.
And Ramsey is far down the list of people i would like to take that position.

Big spends and high earnings need to be limited to young, relatively proven superstar attackers from here on out.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.