December 17, 2018, 08:14:23 AM

Author Topic: Ex Everton players you intensely dislike (hate).  (Read 3492 times)

October 24, 2018, 04:20:09 PM
Reply #30

Glory

October 24, 2018, 04:22:46 PM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

They're an incredibly defensive breed too.

;D

October 24, 2018, 04:25:23 PM
Reply #32

Waltzer

He had one of the best left foots i've seen at Goodison and I used to love it when he stepped up to take a corner with Big Dunc waiting in the middle, but Hinchcliffe get on my tits when hes commentating, often find myself wanting to turn off as soon as i hear his voice!

October 24, 2018, 04:36:09 PM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

He had one of the best left foots i've seen at Goodison and I used to love it when he stepped up to take a corner with Big Dunc waiting in the middle, but Hinchcliffe get on my tits when hes commentating, often find myself wanting to turn off as soon as i hear his voice!

Andy Hinchcliffe is one of the best ex player commentators going.

On a side note, ex players providing co-commentary is such a tedious, pointless exercise. I wish production companies would have the guts to bin the idea.

October 24, 2018, 05:08:03 PM
Reply #34

Dr. Sponge

On a side note, ex players providing co-commentary is such a tedious, pointless exercise. I wish production companies would have the guts to bin the idea.

Hmm dunno, I like the insight of players that have played at that level during a game. What’s your alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October 24, 2018, 05:08:39 PM
Reply #35

Macca77

Phil Neville, massive massive twat that fella

October 24, 2018, 05:20:59 PM
Reply #36

Waltzer

I think he talks out of his ass and tends to see things that nobody else does. Agree with the second point though

October 24, 2018, 05:26:35 PM
Reply #37

Jamokachi

Hmm dunno, I like the insight of players that have played at that level during a game. What’s your alternative?

I listen to a lot of football podcasts and can honestly say that the most intelligent, insightful comments don't come from ex players.

October 24, 2018, 05:37:00 PM
Reply #38

Dr. Sponge

I listen to a lot of football podcasts and can honestly say that the most intelligent, insightful comments don't come from ex players.

But they could just be comments that you like the sound of, doesn’t mean they’re right. I’d trust the opinions of ex professionals that have experienced it, rather than Janet the Health & Safety Coordinator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October 24, 2018, 06:12:13 PM
Reply #39

Ross

Are we classing Ashley Williams as an ex player?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 24, 2018, 06:47:12 PM
Reply #40

Tofifee

Some bizarre shouts here
Ossie?!?!
Saha??
Cahill??

For me the ex EFC players I can't abide are Barmby, Gosling, Westerweld and Barkley

I hated Marc Pembridge at the time, but only cos he was proper shite and looked like a 8 year old welsh tango-man

October 24, 2018, 07:13:10 PM
Reply #41

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Got to say there's not many that I still hate, if any. I even like Neville, Cahill, Howard etc

Anyone who's played for the club and played to the best of their ability (however limited that might be) I've got respect for.
I only disliked the ones that fucked us over really.

I hated Rooney, but I started to like him again around 3 or 4 years ago.
Hated Barmby and Abel Xavier at the time, but I'm not really that arsed nowadays.

Genuinely can't think of any that I still hate.
Even Gosling is a little tosser, but he's so insignificant that I can't say I hate him.

I think I just save all my hate for John Aldridge, Phil Thompson and Danny Murphy.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 24, 2018, 07:30:15 PM
Reply #42

eugene

Got to be Martin keown for me, never let’s on in fact I think we leave a bad taste in his mouth

October 24, 2018, 08:46:58 PM
Reply #43

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I didn't mind him doing the Soccer Saturday type match comments, but as a co-commentator I dislike him.  To be fair though he's not alone, there's a massive gap for a decent co-commentator as the vast majority are absolutely terrible. 

I do like Kevin Kilbane doing it though.
My momma says I'm special.

October 24, 2018, 09:02:34 PM
Reply #44

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
When Hinchcliffe first started co-commenting he came across as extremely boring - almost a monatone voice. I think I commented on here about it. But he's grown into the role for me and appears to be much more natural than he was
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: