December 18, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva: Martial dived  (Read 2114 times)

October 29, 2018, 08:07:06 PM
Reply #30

Macca77

October 29, 2018, 08:30:31 PM
Reply #31

Waltzer

Moss knew he fkked up HOW do I know....easy

if it was a pen gueye shuda got a second yellow for the foul and been sent off....neither happened..

Moss knew he'd fkked up....
But he didn't send Smalling off either and that was as stone wall penalty as you're ever likely to see

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 29, 2018, 08:37:47 PM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

But he didn't send Smalling off either and that was as stone wall penalty as you're ever likely to see

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

..............if he'd sent Smalling off he would have been asked why didn't he send Gueye off. Then he would have had to say well it wasn't really a penalty.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 29, 2018, 08:42:54 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

..............if he'd sent Smalling off he would have been asked why didn't he send Gueye off. Then he would have had to say well it wasn't really a penalty.

The rules have changed though and giving away a penalty isnt an automatic yellow card, they are treated as any other foul. If the Gueye one happened in the middle of the park it wouldnt warrant a yellow unless it was a totting up process, Smallings was out of control and reckless and is 100% a yellow anywhere on the pitch.

October 29, 2018, 08:49:14 PM
Reply #34

gizzblue

F.A.  bias in 2018 for the media darling clubs no surely not .

We all knew it was a dive Martial knew he dived ...even fucking Clattenburg who always hated us said it was a dive .....who the fuck have the FA got making these descisions ......Alex Fergason and Wenger (who never saw nothing) .

All this cloak and daggar theory would stop id they actually banned one too six player just fucking once for theatrics like Ally ,Martial ,Salah (both legs fell off when touched on the shoulder) ....fucking joke the FA .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:29:53 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

October 29, 2018, 08:54:44 PM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

It's 100% rigged.  The FA is a fucking joke, 10 times worse than FIFA.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 29, 2018, 10:05:11 PM
Reply #36

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not that VAR is infallible but I think VAR would definitely have helped here.

I don't think a referee would give that on VAR review, however after the fact they and certain others have to contort themselves to explain away any such decisions since clearly there is no going back anymore and it's basically just an exercise in saving face which is very important to certain sections of football. As has been proven many, many, many times too there is very little to no downside in siding with the bigger clubs and shitting on the smaller ones. No media outrage on TV and radio, no daily opinion pieces in the tabloids, no FA reviews, etc, etc.

Incidents that favour the bigger teams basically just get whitewashed.

October 29, 2018, 10:32:54 PM
Reply #37

Simon Paul

Administrator
Did we see a referee disagree with VAR at the world cup?

Did we see a referee change his own decision after seeing VAR replays?

Do we think that in cases like yesterday he would have used the initial contact to justify his real time decision and still give it anyway?

October 29, 2018, 10:38:13 PM
Reply #38

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Did we see a referee disagree with VAR at the world cup?

Did we see a referee change his own decision after seeing VAR replays?

Do we think that in cases like yesterday he would have used the initial contact to justify his real time decision and still give it anyway?

We did see instances of referees changing decisions in the World Cup.

We don't know about yesterday, but I like to think referees are more just not up to the speed of the game than malicious. It is a tough job and from the wrong angle or just at full speed you can miss things or misinterpret things. I think most seeing that again with the contact from Gueye to the ball would change their mind. Only when they have VAR will we know though.

October 29, 2018, 10:51:00 PM
Reply #39

Simon Paul

Administrator
We did see instances of referees changing decisions in the World Cup.

We don't know about yesterday, but I like to think referees are more just not up to the speed of the game than malicious. It is a tough job and from the wrong angle or just at full speed you can miss things or misinterpret things. I think most seeing that again with the contact from Gueye to the ball would change their mind. Only when they have VAR will we know though.
From my memory we saw referees awarding penalties when var told them they had missed it, but don't remember penalties being given and then not when var was used.

I think referees have enormous egos and don't want to be proven wrong to be honest. Especially the likes of Moss.

October 29, 2018, 11:01:24 PM
Reply #40

Major Clanger

Moss knew he fkked up HOW do I know....easy

if it was a pen gueye shuda got a second yellow for the foul and been sent off....neither happened..

Moss knew he'd fkked up....

Why didn't he send Smalling off then? His challenge would've been worthy of a yellow in any part of the pitch, doubly so in the box. (You could even argue that it was a red, as that didn't look like a genuine effort to get the ball.)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 29, 2018, 11:03:05 PM
Reply #41

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
From my memory we saw referees awarding penalties when var told them they had missed it, but don't remember penalties being given and then not when var was used.

I think referees have enormous egos and don't want to be proven wrong to be honest. Especially the likes of Moss.

In the Sweden vs. Switzerland game the guy was clean through and fouled, the ref awarded a penalty but then after VAR called it a free kick outside the box.

Senegal vs. Colombia probably the better example though, Mane was through the defender tackled him and got the ball, ref initially gave the penalty then reversed it. Clip from about :20 seconds in.

October 29, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
Reply #42

Evertonian in NC

The Russia World Cup made me a believer.  VAR saved that tournament, worked pretty much flawlessly.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 29, 2018, 11:55:01 PM
Reply #43

Simon Paul

Administrator
In the Sweden vs. Switzerland game the guy was clean through and fouled, the ref awarded a penalty but then after VAR called it a free kick outside the box.

Senegal vs. Colombia probably the better example though, Mane was through the defender tackled him and got the ball, ref initially gave the penalty then reversed it. Clip from about :20 seconds in.

Don't remember them so good to see

Still think the "top" referees in England are some of the worst in the world though, and that they see var as a threat as a whole.

October 30, 2018, 12:02:28 AM
Reply #44

gizzblue

The Russia World Cup made me a believer.  VAR saved that tournament, worked pretty much flawlessly.

Although I recall two penalty shouts on Kane alone that VAR was not even used ....so it's still up for interpretation. .. and I still think the media darlings would get more calls than lesser teams .....unless like tennis we are given a set amount of calls per game .
Born not made a blue .