September 21, 2019, 05:17:59 PM

Author Topic: Van Der Meyde  (Read 3892 times)

February 02, 2019, 04:46:28 AM
Reply #30

Macca77

When I saw that the thread had been resurrected I assumed he’d died

Soon

February 02, 2019, 01:22:57 PM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

I mean, he's got a point.

February 02, 2019, 01:50:37 PM
Reply #32

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Always liked him and Drenthe tbh, purely for comedy purposes

Mad those type of players who are super talented but just fuck their careers up

Didn't VDM have a weird spell though when he started to make the odd effective cameo, ie the cross that led to Goslings derby winner and possibly an assist off the bench when Jo scored a couple on his debut v Bolton?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 02, 2019, 02:02:56 PM
Reply #33

KingdingalingNL

He is a sad prick, he used to have a real life soap here which showed everyone that he has zero brain cells. When he went on holiday and tried to be popular to new people he met his opening sentence was hi I am Andy v/d Meyde I used to play for Inter Milan, Ajax and Everton. He lives off the past and actually thinks he achieved something. He could be seen drinking himself stupid and then vomiting in the car park on his way to his car which he then drove back. It got good ratings just because of his stupidity, I watched it once but couldn’t stand it, he is a leach who tries to live off his so called fame which he thinks he has, funny thing was that nobody recognizes him!

February 02, 2019, 02:11:04 PM
Reply #34

Cozzie

He had a house in Spital in Van der beyl road right next door to my mates when he was here.

Spoke to him briefly once, he seemed sound like. My mate said nearly every other night was just music blaring and he was just having pure parties all the time.

He had talent like just preferred the other stuff that comes with being a footballer.

February 04, 2019, 06:05:14 AM
Reply #35

Toddacelli

So many people calling him fat.

Wish I was that fat!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 04, 2019, 11:17:54 PM
Reply #36

D15TIN

Who were the two footballers he played with? Arteta & Baines circa 2007?
Pienaar will be one, played with him twice. Arteta probably the other

February 06, 2019, 10:41:35 PM
Reply #37

JordanianEmbassy

I’m not having anyone dismiss Baines as a footballer!

I don't think Baines was in the side till 2008/2009? By that point Van Der Meyde was pretty much permanently out of the side.. although I guess they prob did play together a couple of times.

February 06, 2019, 11:12:59 PM
Reply #38

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think Baines was in the side till 2008/2009? By that point Van Der Meyde was pretty much permanently out of the side.. although I guess they prob did play together a couple of times.

Oh I thought he was. I googled the years he was.... erm...... active? And Baines featured in the squad lists.

My first thought was Arteta and Pienaar, but my Baines bias got the better of me and to be honest it always will!

February 06, 2019, 11:14:57 PM
Reply #39

JordanianEmbassy

Oh I thought he was. I googled the years he was.... erm...... active? And Baines featured in the squad lists.

My first thought was Arteta and Pienaar, but my Baines bias got the better of me and to be honest it always will!

Well either way I agree that Baines was/is a great footballer. And a 1000 times better for us than Van Der Meyde was anyway.

February 06, 2019, 11:46:19 PM
Reply #40

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Baines was in and out of the team until Christmas in 08/09

Would think he means Arteta and Pienaar but I wouldn’t take his pronouncements to be so specific though!