November 17, 2018, 02:20:19 AM

Author Topic: Player ratings v Brighton  (Read 1903 times)

November 05, 2018, 07:59:56 PM
Reply #30

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
No mate, you were 100% correct to raise it as a concern. I was saying that it was something that worried me enough to research some actual non-Everton football (which is rare for me).

The results of the research is that when you see teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea beat the Burnleys, Leicesters and Palaces of the world that they normally do it in the same manner we have recently.

Keep the ball. Probe. Fail. Bring the ball out. probe. Fail. Rinse and repeat.
The goals come from the following, in order of most often:
- Finding a sweet spot in the run of play to overload on numbers (our 1st yesterday)
- A defensive error (our 3rd)
- An individual unleashing an outrageous shot (our 2nd)
- Some absurd individual skill that we all watch for weeks afterwards

My point was: "yeah, i was worried about that as well. But i think me and you were comparing ourselves with the absolute elite tier. We compare favourably with the rest of the big boys when it comes to breaking down stubborn teams"

November 05, 2018, 10:22:52 PM
Reply #31

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I mean to be fair I've been worried about that for the last 25 years.

Feels like we've always been shit at creating lots of chances from open play. Even in seasons where we've bagged loads of goals, like Martinez' first, I don't think we were creating lots of chances, just that Lukaku was putting every half chance away (and we scored some worldlies).

As Mick says though I think fans of most teams except the very best would likely feel the same.

November 05, 2018, 11:41:04 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sure, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t aim to be better tho.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2018, 11:50:03 PM
Reply #33

BlueForYou

Plan A: Silva for 2017

Plan B: Somebody else

Plan C: Allardyce on six month contract

Plan D: Allardyce on eighteen month contract

Plan E: Silva for 2018/Dismiss Allardyce

Plan F: Silva for 2019/Allardyce contract not renewed

Plan G: Allardyce contract not renewed/Somebody else
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 05, 2018, 11:52:06 PM
Reply #34

BlueForYou

Error, wrong topic

For Silva's Playbook
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick