September 24, 2019, 03:45:58 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton - 2:15pm, Sunday 11th November  (Read 15569 times)

November 11, 2018, 09:49:47 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2018, 09:50:22 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need to drop off and focus on getting into a good defensive shape for a bit.

We still carry a big threat on the counterattack so there's still a chance or two in this for us if we can frustrate them and force a mistake.

Yeah canít allow it to be open like the last 10 mins or so
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2018, 10:14:19 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Where's all the defeatists now

Seems like an odd stance to take that. Ok I get it clear eyes full hearts top blues never surrender or whatever but you can hardly blame anyone for fearing the worst going into Chelsea away? Nothing to rub in anyoneís face, especially not after a draw!

November 11, 2018, 10:34:47 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would normally agree but you are a miserable prick!

Haha oh come on! Outrageous that.

November 11, 2018, 11:05:12 PM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You'd know if I was rubbing people's faces in it. This is my reaction after I've seen numerous fans give up even before a ball is kicked in a game. I see the term 'makes us look small time' often on this site regarding various aspects of the club, but to me, nothing says 'small time' more than a defeatist attitude. I've never had one in sport, I've never set foot on a pitch thinking I'm going to lose - whether that was in the first team in the higher divisions or playing for the 2nds in a friendly. Yes, it's only a draw, but in this game, the Arsenal and the Utd games you can see an evolution of attitude and application. I've never been more confident since 1999 that we are going to get something from the away Derby. Positivity is contagious- it will radiate from the stands. Embrace it

Iíve been very pleased with our application as well.

It will take more than 2 losses and a draw in 40 years to make me think the tides turned though.

Not going to comment on the other mumbo jumbo.

Be positive all you like but telling other fans how to support the team and rubbing it in their faces after a win doesnít sound very positive to me, sound like the behaviour of a knob head to be honest.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:07:56 PM by brap2 »

November 11, 2018, 11:09:41 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
By the way you’ve got to actually be in the stands in order to “radiate positivity” from them

November 11, 2018, 11:12:13 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was too far away to tell. Was it a rake down the back of the calf/ achilies?

Like a two footed scissor, should have been a red I think.

Mina caught him with his trailing foot and did get off the ground as well. Free kick and a yellow in todayís game.

November 12, 2018, 01:44:09 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Little dig? Iím a ST holder, but due to circumstances of an extremely personal nature I sadly canít get up to GP as much as Iíd like. But rest assured, when Iím there, there is plenty of positivity

Again, not slating positivity - youíre the one who brought other peopleís attitudes into it. Thatís what I have an issue with.

November 12, 2018, 02:27:41 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I did. Am I not allowed my opinion on what I see as constant negativity and call it out? Sport is emotional, I'm seeing the little green shoots of positivity in where we are going. I've had fight and positivity drilled into me from an early age where it comes to sport. My viewpoint is different to yours - I just didn't resort to name calling. 

If you think what you did is better then no problem.

Whatever anyway, what conclusion can we possibly reach.

November 12, 2018, 02:51:06 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought we were extremely impressive. Silva gets a strong 8 from me today. Wasnít sure what we where going to do but he played a blinder I think. Frustrated them at home with a very strong team out and kept us in it all the way.

The jags sub worried me but I was maybe getting carried away thinking we could have nicked it. We had been under the cosh and putting an extra body in did allow us to just shore it back up through the middle where hazard had been picking up the ball and just slow the game down again without really losing any of our potential on the break.

November 12, 2018, 05:52:43 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not a fan of this one bit. He grafted his arse off today and didn't deserve that.

Shite isnít it. For someone who is not a massive fan of him Iím worried about what weíll be like without him for sure. The amount of work he gets through in pressing the opposition is fantastic.

Really thought he was going to put that effort in the top bin an all.

November 12, 2018, 01:50:16 PM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If I'm being super critical, I'd say his final ball in attacking situations let us down too often for him to get the MOTM award. He's great, and I love what he does, but boy do I wish he had that final pass in his locker. Saying that, he wouldn't be playing for us if he did.

Yeah it would be good if he just had another dimension to his game, but unfortunately he doesnít like.

Need Gomes to take more responsibility in passing into dangerous areas. Still trailing behind Davies for chances/key passes per 90.

November 12, 2018, 01:57:44 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Still early, it might come.

It hasn’t in his career so far but maybe.

Bernard’s an interesting cat. Reckon most would say he’s been under performing due to those two lines he’s fluffed, but he’s making so much happen on the ball - apparently only 1 Chance created from open play fewer than Gylfi, despite playing half the minutes.

Averaging about 3 a game which is like, hazard level.