July 10, 2020, 01:12:35 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton - 2:15pm, Sunday 11th November  (Read 22257 times)

November 11, 2018, 11:28:03 PM
Reply #615

Mayor Farnum

Really? Even though he clearly wins the ball first?

Yes. It's no longer a case of if you win the ball it's got to be a fair tackle. It was a foul and every referee would have given a foul.
Something clever written by someone else.

November 11, 2018, 11:32:48 PM
Reply #616

Macca77

Yes. It's no longer a case of if you win the ball it's got to be a fair tackle. It was a foul and every referee would have given a foul.

To me it was a fair and really good tackle, all about opinions though

November 11, 2018, 11:34:08 PM
Reply #617

Ross

Think itís fair to say that it was a yellow for Mina, ref got it right regardless of him getting a foot on the ball. Weíve already seen this season with Jags (and others) it doesnít matter whether you touch the ball or not while tackling with the modern rules.

Whether the interpretation of the rules is right or wrong are a different matter.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 11, 2018, 11:34:45 PM
Reply #618

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Itís the rules though.

All about the follow through.

Dermot Gallagher was saying about the Gana tackle at united, although heís won the ball thereís still contact and it makes the player lose balance.

I mean ridiculous like and you wonder what the point is when challengers like that are yellow cards.

Great tackle ten years ago unfortunately
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 11, 2018, 11:37:04 PM
Reply #619

Hesmenos

When I first saw it I thought it was a good tackle, no foul. But in the replay it looked like Mina knew what he was doing and was making sure that if he didn't get the ball that Hazard would not get past him.

November 11, 2018, 11:38:22 PM
Reply #620

Macca77

The games gone, on that basis every single tackle should be a foul and a yellow card then, because the majority of the time some sort of contact is made with an opponent

November 11, 2018, 11:39:21 PM
Reply #621

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The games gone, on that basis every single tackle should be a foul and a yellow card then, because the majority of the time some sort of contact is made with an opponent

Agreed.

Canít beat a good ball and man tackle.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 11, 2018, 11:42:13 PM
Reply #622

Normm

I think the Mina foul was a yellow these days. He gave Hazard a fair old crack on his ankle.

True: Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned.

The foul against Sigs: Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off!

November 11, 2018, 11:49:20 PM
Reply #623

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 11, 2018, 11:51:49 PM
Reply #624

Lxxx

Agreed.

Always guaranteed to get Goodison roaring under the floodlights in a night game.

November 11, 2018, 11:53:18 PM
Reply #625

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 11, 2018, 11:55:46 PM
Reply #626

eyesalwaysblue

It's no problem with the younger fans who play under these new rules, if your older it spoils the game to see a "good tackle" under the old way punished... but the refs are shite as well.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 11, 2018, 11:58:34 PM
Reply #627

TheTone

Not having that Chelsea were poor today from the likes of the BBC and other media, ya we rode our luck once or twice but fully deserved a point in the end

Chelsea are a very decent side, didn't realise how physical they can be too

Gave them a good game today the blues

November 12, 2018, 12:01:40 AM
Reply #628

Martip

Not having that Chelsea were poor today from the likes of the BBC and other media, ya we rode our luck once or twice but fully deserved a point in the end

Chelsea are a very decent side, didn't realise how physical they can be too

Gave them a good game today the blues
Spot on.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

November 12, 2018, 12:05:58 AM
Reply #629

Macca77

Agreed.

Spot on, good tackle's get the crowd going and that