December 13, 2018, 09:28:15 PM

Author Topic: Scudamore whip round  (Read 1554 times)

November 15, 2018, 03:33:53 AM
Reply #15

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, fuck that.  He should be so embarrassed by it that he matches the £5m from his own pocket to make a £10m donation to charities covering the likes of grassroots football, ex-players charities and gambling addiction.
My momma says I'm special.

November 15, 2018, 04:59:03 AM
Reply #16

Macca77

November 15, 2018, 05:10:21 AM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
I presume he's referring to a tweet by the Blue Union and not suggesting the club give them £250k?

November 15, 2018, 05:39:44 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

I do feel slightly uneasy about this trend of shaming people and companies into making charitable donation, that's not how it should work. By all means make a charitable donation, but it doesn't have anything to do with this Scudamore situation.   

November 15, 2018, 11:17:09 AM
Reply #19

Cereal Killer

I do feel slightly uneasy about this trend of shaming people and companies into making charitable donation, that's not how it should work. By all means make a charitable donation, but it doesn't have anything to do with this Scudamore situation.

I think it's more if they're going to be throwing 250k away, why not give it to a needy cause rather than a multi millionaire

November 15, 2018, 07:06:57 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

I think it's more if they're going to be throwing 250k away, why not give it to a needy cause rather than a multi millionaire

Because the two points aren't mutually exclusive. People are going on as if this is depriving worthy causes.

November 15, 2018, 08:05:05 PM
Reply #21

Cereal Killer

Because the two points aren't mutually exclusive. People are going on as if this is depriving worthy causes.

I'm sure all the clubs are giving 250k lump sums to worthy causes every week as well.....  ::)

November 15, 2018, 09:25:51 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

November 15, 2018, 09:30:57 PM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
Paid for by the clubs over three years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46221020

November 15, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
Reply #24

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
So we're not one of the 5 clubs refusing to pay.
My momma says I'm special.

November 15, 2018, 10:34:21 PM
Reply #25

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't mind the guy getting a bit of a bonus, but the problem overall is these type of payments is it says the only decisions that matter are those at the top. However, I bet most of what made the PL a success was the work and effort of people probably far, far below him.

November 16, 2018, 05:30:38 AM
Reply #26

Jamokachi

I'm sure all the clubs are giving 250k lump sums to worthy causes every week as well.....  ::)

Well that's on them, not the PL making this request.

November 16, 2018, 12:40:46 PM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He has made the PL into a juggernaut. Record deals yearly. The most watched abd followed league in the world.

£5M bonus is really nothing in the greater scheme of things and seems like itís quite deserved.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 16, 2018, 03:49:03 PM
Reply #28

Major Clanger

He has made the PL into a juggernaut. Record deals yearly. The most watched abd followed league in the world.

£5M bonus is really nothing in the greater scheme of things and seems like itís quite deserved.

Yes, other executives got bigger bonuses for failure than he is going to for success.

It's just how they went about it that is really poor, it's like the boss asking all the employees to chuck in a fiver for the CEOs leaving do.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 17, 2018, 02:37:23 AM
Reply #29

KoemansNumberTens

Iíve really no problem with it. You want the top people working for your industry you pay the going rate and any bonuses or gifts are of similar magnitude
Heís done an unbelievable job for these clubs. If they want to give him a bonus in return he probably deserves it

People seem to have a problem with successful people being rewarded because they donít need it. As for grass roots football. Why is it 1 or the other. If anything his success should mean itís easy to both reward him and invest in grass roots