December 16, 2018, 04:29:57 AM

Author Topic: [News]Digne: I wasn't planning on leaving Barcelona until I met Everton boss  (Read 1935 times)

November 16, 2018, 11:22:49 PM
Reply #15

sirblue57

Well since fat Sam was barely mediocre as a player, I think it's quite obvious the first one is Koeman.
Well if sams ego is involved, he probably thinks he was the best ever.... not sure at what like.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 17, 2018, 09:55:27 AM
Reply #16

howard1334

Great to hear the enthusiasm for the club and the manager, soooo different from last year . Digne is becoming a firm favourite with the fans, not just by e hat he says, but from what he does, EITC, and the way he plays. Never thought I'd say this, but this fella is an actual improvement on Leighton Baines and not just a replacement.

Come on, man.  Baines was arguably a top 5 LB in the world during his peak seasons.  During the 2014-2015 season, he had 3 goals and 13 assists.  For a point one season, he led all of Europe in chances created.  He is the all-time assist leader for Prem defenders; he is in the top 5 in the Prem for goals scored by a defender; and he is one of the Prem's best ever penalty takers.  Digne, on the other hand, while probably a bit better defensively, is no where near as potent of attacking force and has played like 15 games for us....  I like Digne.  It was time for us to move on from Baines.  But come on.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:56:30 AM by howard1334 »

November 17, 2018, 10:39:39 AM
Reply #17

blue1948

Well since fat Sam was barely mediocre as a player, I think it's quite obvious the first one is Koeman.

Lighten up can't you see I was joking?

November 17, 2018, 03:11:50 PM
Reply #18

School of Science

Come on, man.  Baines was arguably a top 5 LB in the world during his peak seasons.  During the 2014-2015 season, he had 3 goals and 13 assists.  For a point one season, he led all of Europe in chances created.  He is the all-time assist leader for Prem defenders; he is in the top 5 in the Prem for goals scored by a defender; and he is one of the Prem's best ever penalty takers.  Digne, on the other hand, while probably a bit better defensively, is no where near as potent of attacking force and has played like 15 games for us....  I like Digne.  It was time for us to move on from Baines.  But come on.

Erm a better, quicker player NOW, chill mate Baines mantle has been slipping the last couple of years and the injuries have been increasing. Old father time waits for no one, loved Baines one of our best, loyal players over the years and i agree with you over, easily one of the top five left backs quote. But I feel this is one of the very best left backs we as a club, could of got for Baines, a superb replacement, who also takes a fine free kick.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 18, 2018, 02:13:18 AM
Reply #19

Martip

Baines has been a fantastic servant to the club and could have easily left for a top European club in his peak.

I'm not massively fussed with the comparisons of Digne vs peak Baines as that really serves no purpose but I already have a lot of confidence in Digne who is as solid as a rock.

Really am looking forward to seeing how he fairs in the derby because if he can handle those bastards as well we have a real player on our hands.

November 18, 2018, 04:26:46 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

I think he meant he is an improvement on Baines now. I don't think he was comparing eras.

November 18, 2018, 05:41:14 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wish people would stop mentioning Baines when it comes to Digne.

November 18, 2018, 08:40:22 PM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just fucking made up we've got a long term quality left back again. It shouldn't have been this easy but he's slotted right in like he's been here for years.

November 29, 2018, 12:25:52 AM
Reply #23

Martip

I'm just fucking made up we've got a long term quality left back again. It shouldn't have been this easy but he's slotted right in like he's been here for years.
Exactly this and cant believe we got him for only around 18m compared to the stupid money Celtic wanted for their lad. Great business from Brands on that front who made the right choice.

November 29, 2018, 02:23:37 AM
Reply #24

gizzblue

Exactly this and cant believe we got him for only around 18m compared to the stupid money Celtic wanted for their lad. Great business from Brands on that front who made the right choice.

We should go back now and offer Celtic two ollies and a dead frog ...we still need competition for Digne now Bainsey is over the hill .
Born not made a blue .

November 29, 2018, 09:35:30 PM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

I still miss Oviedo's cheeky smile though.

Is there something about being a left-back that makes for having a great attitude?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates