December 16, 2018, 05:17:10 AM

Author Topic: Expectations shift?  (Read 4540 times)

November 25, 2018, 06:06:54 PM
Reply #45

indiantoffee1975

Personally a points tally of 60-65 points would be a huge improvement. If that is to be 6th then great if not then 7th it is.
We can push on next season after stabalising ourselves this season considering the upheaval we had last season.

November 25, 2018, 06:44:43 PM
Reply #46

duncandisorderly

I'd still be happy with 7th and hopefully it gets Europe. Have to say Silva has been brilliant, credit to him for raising expectations. We look really solid at the back now, which is a massive change from the past few years and couple that with the football he is playing. Wasn't keen at all on us getting him but hes proving he was the right man for the job. Hopefully an exciting couple of years ahead.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

November 25, 2018, 07:12:42 PM
Reply #47

stirlingblue

The thing is brap I don't see why it is not sustainable as we have quality everywhere apart from upfront where we know we need to invest. This quality now extends to the bench where we have players like lookman and Zouma waiting in the wings when previously their quality would have meant they d be in the 1st 11.

If say we were to sell Morgan and Cenk and get let's say 40m ish we shouldn't need to add too much to get the striker we need....who that is is the million dollar question I know but in brands I believe we have the man to find him.

I don't think we should downplay how far Arsenal and Man Utd have fallen recently and how close we are to them quality wise. I wonder what the results of those 3 games would have been if Lukaku was still here....im confident we wouldn't have lost to arsenal at least.

Our fans do this all the time, X player is shite, let's sell him for 20m.

If Cenk goes anywhere it will be Turkey and they barely pay any money for players, we'd be lucky to get 10m if he goes back to Turkey.

Schniederlin is a 29 year old coming off two seasons of bad form, I'd say £10m is about right for him too.

November 25, 2018, 07:44:30 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

We'll get beat next week. I'm not even daring to dream. That's already written off as a defeat in my eyes. As long as we won yesterday, and we can beat Newcastle and Watford, straight after that, 9 points from 12 in that run of four games will be excellent.

Really want to beat Watford this season, preferably with a Richarlison masterclass, and Silva making key decisions to contribute to the win.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 25, 2018, 08:01:04 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We'll get beat next week. I'm not even daring to dream. That's already written off as a defeat in my eyes. As long as we won yesterday, and we can beat Newcastle and Watford, straight after that, 9 points from 12 in that run of four games will be excellent.

Really want to beat Watford this season, preferably with a Richarlison masterclass, and Silva making key decisions to contribute to the win.

I want to do Watford home and away, and I want to do West Ham away.

We need to make a real case that we are the best of the rest.

The top 6 stuff would take miracles. Top 7 with a gap below us in quality and consistency is key, because West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves and Leicester are all thinking what we’re thinking.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2018, 08:08:25 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

The top 6 stuff would take miracles. Top 7 with a gap below us in quality and consistency is key, because West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves and Leicester are all thinking what we’re thinking.

West Ham are miles off. They’re not a worry.

Only teams I see troubling us for 7th are Watford and possibly wolves.

Actually, no. Can’t see them troubling us eithier.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:14:42 PM by TheRam »

November 25, 2018, 08:11:34 PM
Reply #51

eyesalwaysblue

With a bit of luck a draw is achievable next week, they won't be relishing us either.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 25, 2018, 08:22:11 PM
Reply #52

Martip

Our fans do this all the time, X player is shite, let's sell him for 20m.

If Cenk goes anywhere it will be Turkey and they barely pay any money for players, we'd be lucky to get 10m if he goes back to Turkey.

Schniederlin is a 29 year old coming off two seasons of bad form, I'd say £10m is about right for him too.
In this market you think we d only get 20m for the pair? Both International quality with champions league experience....worth more vthan that easily.

November 25, 2018, 08:22:16 PM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator

You need to accept Leicester and Iheanacho are shite mate
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 25, 2018, 08:25:55 PM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
In this market you think we d only get 20m for the pair? Both International quality with champions league experience....worth more vthan that easily.

We are not getting 20mil for Morgan mate and we’ll struggle to get that for Tosun as well.

Over the last week we’ve had 60mil for Gana, now Morgan and Tosun going for 20mil.

The market really isn’t as crazy as a lot of people on here think.

November 25, 2018, 08:36:17 PM
Reply #55

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin would be ten tops given his limited role in the squad and Tosun no more than 15 to 20 if we are lucky. I still hope Tosun has a role but can't see him sitting on the bench and being happy.

November 25, 2018, 09:03:08 PM
Reply #56

Alanvideo

With a bit of luck a draw is achievable next week, they won't be relishing us either.
...............I don't think they give us a second thought mate after 20 years of superiority ,they have the mindset that we can achieve under Silva. Got to prove them wrong.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 25, 2018, 09:09:57 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You need to accept Leicester and Iheanacho are shite mate

Hahaha
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2018, 09:43:25 PM
Reply #58

eyesalwaysblue

...............I don't think they give us a second thought mate after 20 years of superiority ,they have the mindset that we can achieve under Silva. Got to prove them wrong.
Sorry mate they will have noticed a few upgrades over here lately, whatever false pretence they act out..

November 25, 2018, 09:54:55 PM
Reply #59

eyesalwaysblue

Absolutely anything should be taken for Morgan, we'll be very lucky to get him off the bill.