December 16, 2018, 04:32:15 AM

Author Topic: Expectations shift?  (Read 4538 times)

November 25, 2018, 10:07:00 PM
Reply #60

formerKHL

1 game at a time for me....stop Liverpool’s front 3 scoring and they are very beatable and our defence is now more than capable of doing that.....the draw is highly achievable and likely...

Same performance against spurs as the Chelsea performance and again a draw is very possible....

Can’t see anyone really beating city so even a draw seems unlikely but ye never know....home wins against Utd and arsenal will become more expectant if we achieve the above

We then become the best of the rest as we are more than capable of beating any of them teams.....

Yesterday’s game for me was a testament to the respect the teams outside the top 6 give us especially at home.....all men behind the ball

November 25, 2018, 10:10:52 PM
Reply #61

eugene

Expected us to finish somewhere between 12th and 7th before the season, now I think we're floating to 7th.

Do think the top six will pull away sooner or later.

To really judge where we are we need to play games away from home against the teams below us. Haven't had that type of game for a long while.

The games away from home will dictate if we can challenge the top six or if we'll be floundering in 7th.
But we are top 6

November 25, 2018, 10:28:34 PM
Reply #62

Macca77

November 25, 2018, 10:32:20 PM
Reply #63

Bluedylan

What's the problem? The Top 6 are bigger, richer and better than us. We're not on a par with them.

Just sneaking into 6th position for one week in a season, or whatever, doesn't make us part of the Top 6. We need to get over this sort of stuff. It looks very small time, much more so than Sky make us look small time.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 25, 2018, 10:36:54 PM
Reply #64

Macca77

No problem with it at all, was the "big 4" for a decade then one of them finished 6th so sky changed it accordingly, will be interesting to see how they react if we do get 6th this season and one of the big 6 get 7th

November 25, 2018, 10:37:07 PM
Reply #65

eugene

What's the problem? The Top 6 are bigger, richer and better than us. We're not on a par with them.

Just sneaking into 6th position for one week in a season, or whatever, doesn't make us part of the Top 6. We need to get over this sort of stuff. It looks very small time, much more so than Sky make us look small time.
Not having it me, apart from city,the shite and spurs I think we can give the rest a nudge

November 25, 2018, 10:40:18 PM
Reply #66

Bluedylan

No problem with it at all, was the "big 4" for a decade then one of them finished 6th so sky changed it accordingly, will be interesting to see how they react if we do get 6th this season and one of the big 6 get 7th

It became a Top 6, because Man City broke into it with cash, and Spurs broke into it with excellence, so it genuinely is a 6-way battle for 4 positions every season. If we'd got into the top 6 and stayed there for a few seasons, we'd have been included too.

There's no conspiracy against us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 25, 2018, 10:43:23 PM
Reply #67

Macca77

It became a Top 6, because Man City broke into it with cash, and Spurs broke into it with excellence, so it genuinely is a 6-way battle for 4 positions every season. If we'd got into the top 6 and stayed there for a few seasons, we'd have been included too.

There's no conspiracy against us.

I'm not saying there's any sort of conspiracy, against us, only plebs think that.

November 25, 2018, 10:58:35 PM
Reply #68

Martip

I think we should  aim high tbh and not accept that top 4 is not acceivable in the near future because other clubs are richer.

Spurs bridged the gap by good recruitment and youth players which is what we should be aiming for.

November 25, 2018, 11:11:17 PM
Reply #69

Bluerin

It was around the end of Nov last year we were expecting to drop into the relegation zone and "the saviour" was brought in to rescue us. Now, 12 months on, folk are talking top 6. So expectations have shifted, considerably. But why are all the expectations based on league positions, the great Howard Kendall era started with a cup final win over Watford. Getting into top 6,5,4 means fuck all if your not winning anything. Look at Spurs and the Shite, they are top 4 but their fans just want silverware.

November 25, 2018, 11:21:12 PM
Reply #70

velimski

It would become the 'top 7'.

November 25, 2018, 11:36:56 PM
Reply #71

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just a bit of a reality check here, if we lose next Sunday (wouldn’t come as a great surprise) and other results go against us, we are in 9th position. Just saying like !

November 26, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
Reply #72

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We have to be aiming to finish above the bare minimum and with our money spent and squad quality we should canter to 7th. We have to want more, we have to strive to over achieve. And for me that means finishing top 6.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 26, 2018, 12:09:41 AM
Reply #73

WeimaranerBlues

to be a top 6 team in my eyes you have to finish every season in the top 6 for a number of years- even when we finished 5th (under Bobby)  Spurs and Utd finished below us and way back when we finished 4th ,  never thought we were a top 4 team-  under Moyes you could class us a top 7/8 team basically the best of the rest.

But in terms of Sky Bt , they will never class us a top 6 regardless of where we finish season on season.   Utd could finish 8 for the next 2 season's but will still be classed top 6 team--

its all about over a period ----so  1 weekend does not change my expectations ,  nice to dream ,  nice and steady6/7/8 and a bit of silverware would be boss

November 26, 2018, 12:24:27 AM
Reply #74

Alanvideo

It's a nice feeling though. The joy of 6. :woohoo:
We are special ,we are Everton.