December 12, 2018, 05:47:57 PM

Author Topic: Phil Jagielka  (Read 2006 times)

November 28, 2018, 07:26:36 PM
Reply #15

bigmanbob

Sheff Wed would suit 'em

Can't see that happening

November 28, 2018, 07:37:53 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

Is it pronounced Jagielka or Yagielka? I often lie awake at night and wonder this

November 28, 2018, 07:53:58 PM
Reply #17

Shogun

Administrator
Is it pronounced Jagielka or Yagielka? I often lie awake at night and wonder this

yah-yell-kah

I think
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 28, 2018, 08:19:56 PM
Reply #18

BlueForYou

Jags or Yags?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 28, 2018, 10:39:26 PM
Reply #19

velimski

Yagi-elka

J is prononounced as a Y, and the G is a 'hard' G - like go or gun. NOT like a G in Giraffe or Germany.

The faster you say it, it can sound like Yagi-yell-kah.

November 28, 2018, 11:32:04 PM
Reply #20

Macca77

I'll just call him Phil

November 29, 2018, 12:36:46 AM
Reply #21

Ross

Best centreback we’ve had in the premier league era.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 29, 2018, 01:35:03 AM
Reply #22

chang

I remember Jags playing an entire second half in goal for Sheffield United.

November 29, 2018, 02:58:55 AM
Reply #23

Simon Paul

Administrator
I remember Jags playing an entire second half in goal for Sheffield United.
Against arsenal wasn't it?

Cant remember if he saved the penalty or not?

Was in the FA Cup

November 29, 2018, 07:46:15 AM
Reply #24

kramer0

He was the second best centre back in the league in 2008-09 (giving Vidic the benefit of the doubt).

That team deserved more. Finished 5th and made the FA Cup final despite major injuries to Yakubu, Arteta, and Jagielka, with the latter two being in peak form that season. Moyes is talking nonsense when he says we were almost title contenders but he was probably unlucky not to win anything.

November 29, 2018, 02:21:05 PM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He was the second best centre back in the league in 2008-09 (giving Vidic the benefit of the doubt).

That team deserved more. Finished 5th and made the FA Cup final despite major injuries to Yakubu, Arteta, and Jagielka, with the latter two being in peak form that season. Moyes is talking nonsense when he says we were almost title contenders but he was probably unlucky not to win anything.
Agree with this bar the moyes was unlucky, he bottled big games with a negative mentality
Simply simply lovely

November 29, 2018, 06:39:15 PM
Reply #26

arteta4spain

Agree with this bar the moyes was unlucky, he bottled big games with a negative mentality
Definitely! We needed Moyes when he came in and rightly so he steadied the ship and made us regular a regular top 6 side. But he always bottled it with big games. Too conservative for me. And Martinez was too bold. Hopefully Marco can be a bit of both and more. I was unsure of Marcos defensive mindset but he seems to have got us quite tight at the back. Not near Moyes standards when we were really hard to break down but hopefully if we can get there and then get the goals with our front three I think we’ve got the start of something special.

November 29, 2018, 07:05:02 PM
Reply #27

Toddacelli

Definitely! We needed Moyes when he came in and rightly so he steadied the ship and made us regular a regular top 6 side. But he always bottled it with big games. Too conservative for me. And Martinez was too bold. Hopefully Marco can be a bit of both and more. I was unsure of Marcos defensive mindset but he seems to have got us quite tight at the back. Not near Moyes standards when we were really hard to break down but hopefully if we can get there and then get the goals with our front three I think we’ve got the start of something special.

I think a lot of why we've not quite got tight enough defensively yet is that, Gueye aside, we don't really have a nailed-on midfield.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 06, 2018, 07:17:36 AM
Reply #28

Thomas

I love Jags so definitely agree it's the end of an era.  He's been a brilliant servant and seemed to just really 'get' us.

Excellent pro, never kicked up a fuss to leave when Arsenal were sniffing around, and prior to that knee injury was every bit as good as the absolute best in the league at that time... And after a period of getting back to almost his best continued to be a top player for us for a long time.

Probably one of my favourite players in recent times, as much for just being a perfect pro as his actual performances on the pitch
This.

Sent from my SM-G935F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app