December 16, 2018, 05:16:17 AM

Author Topic: [News]Silva hopes Evertonians have seen an improvement on recent visits to Anfield  (Read 933 times)

December 03, 2018, 01:12:24 AM
Read 933 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Silva hopes Evertonians have seen an improvement on recent visits to Anfield

Everton boss Marco Silva has said that his side didn't deserve to lose at Anfield in the Merseyside derby this afternoon and says that he hopes Evertonians feel they saw a better performance than in recent years.

Source: Silva hopes Evertonians have seen an improvement on recent visits to Anfield

December 03, 2018, 02:56:11 AM
Reply #1

stirlingblue

Heís right on both counts, nice to be able to leave there with our heads held high for once.

Donít let the Ďbanterí get to you, if they think theyíre good enough to win the league then we must be close given it took such a freak goal to get the points.

December 03, 2018, 05:27:12 AM
Reply #2

gizzblue

We're a match for any fucker on our day now ....and it's his doing ...take a fucking bow Marco mate  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

December 03, 2018, 05:41:05 AM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hard not to be gutted, even if you went into the game with pessimism, but we did look competitive and if we can beat them at Goodison (still big if) then I think we can go there next year with even more positivity.

December 03, 2018, 11:11:40 AM
Reply #4

blue1948

We can play better than we did ,I thought one or two were a bit of the pace today .The fact we lost is unfair and that is that but we will play a lot better than that .We need to sort some level of finishing in the next window and we will be top 6 for sure .Onwards and upwards blues. I am sure Pickford won't do that again so why go on about it ,he is the best we have had since Howard first arrived and is getting better,his mistake is part of a learning process as much as this one is hurting us.

December 03, 2018, 02:20:05 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Better than we have been in recent years but we we really didnít play as well as Iím seeing people make out.

December 03, 2018, 02:49:28 PM
Reply #6

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I think we did ok, and certainly didn't roll over, or flap 95% of the time like in most derbies in recent times. Of course, other than Gueye giving the ball away half the time, and the obvious last few seconds. We do need a proper finisher up front and get Richarlison back wide left, and I'd love to see another quality mid like that Lyon kid we've been linked to, but weve shown a huge improvement lately. I think 6th and a European slot is realistically up for grabs this year and I think we will certainly challenge for it with the likes of United, Leicester and maybe even Bournemouth and Watford. Most people were hoping for that at the end of last season at best, and with a clear sign of team improvement post Fat Sam at worst. So, although its been a shitty weekend, we've got that positivity to grasp onto and keep us going. We dont ask for much being Evertonians, but one thing we do have is patience. Maybe January will bring another statement of intent from the board - fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:52:20 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

December 03, 2018, 06:29:53 PM
Reply #7

formerKHL

I think a bit of perspective needs to be brought in at this point....

Taking into account we've got another new manager, coaching staff and new players in. Whose only had 4 months to "settle in"

We're playing some of the best football I've seen us play for years, we now manage games much better, we've now got a decent bench that can be called upon, we're 6th in the league only 8 points of 4th....We've got better players in nearly all positions....

we've gone toe to toe with 4 of the top 6 all away and Ok we've lost 3 of them..BUT IMO all 3 of those games we could have/should have had at least a point from....the development for me is nothing was expected from any of those games....now after ONLY 4 months we expect to get something there...if we can do this after only 4 months....Even the red biased commentators were praising us yesterday...that in itself shows our improvement...

The development for me is simply....We've gone from an "easy points" team for the top 6.....to....Look out here comes Everton...

What will we be like this time next year ?

December 03, 2018, 06:35:15 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Better than we have been in recent years but we we really didnít play as well as Iím seeing people make out.

Positive for me is that we were well in the game without having to play at our absolute peak.

It wasnít a performance for the ages but that in itself is encouraging.

Obviously apart from the actual results weíve played to a consistent level in these 4 tough away games that if we keep up will see us win some of the over the next season or two.

December 03, 2018, 06:37:32 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator

Maybe not but it was the sort of performance Iíd expect from a top six side at Anfield which is encouraging.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 03, 2018, 07:30:49 PM
Reply #10

School of Science

After playing most of the big sides away and on the whole matching them, the one thing missing is a goal poacher, we need a finisher and we would be beating these believe me.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 03, 2018, 07:33:43 PM
Reply #11

Trowel

Even Alan Green thought we played well. Let that sink in.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 03, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
Reply #12

dekko

What was that celebration Klopp??? Seriously celebrating a lucky goal like that. How low are they?
Looked just like a rodeo clown.

December 03, 2018, 08:10:43 PM
Reply #13

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
What was that celebration Klopp??? Seriously celebrating a lucky goal like that. How low are they?

Almost like they'd won their cup final
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 03, 2018, 08:25:16 PM
Reply #14

formerKHL

TBF I quite liked him doing that..shows the passion that's still in the game...that the authorities want out !!