December 12, 2018, 05:34:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Devastated Pickford apologises for Anfield error  (Read 1595 times)

JordanianEmbassy and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 03, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
Read 1595 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Devastated Pickford apologises for Anfield error

Everton and England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has spoken out and apologised for the error he made which led to Liverpool snatching a 95th minute win in the Merseyside derby yesterday.

Source: Devastated Pickford apologises for Anfield error

December 03, 2018, 01:32:58 PM
Reply #1

Robioto

I'm not going to lie, was cursing his name last night. But I'm over it now (kind of). Chin up Jordan, not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things, on to Newcastle.

December 03, 2018, 01:37:06 PM
Reply #2

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's one of those things. It hurts more because it's the Derby and we had done so well up until then. Brush it off and make sure we win next two games
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 03, 2018, 02:02:54 PM
Reply #3

ajax_andy

He's mentally very tough, he made a massive error early on in his Sunderland career, didn't effect him one bit.

He'll bounce back from this no problem.  It's a shame it happened but every keeper can make one, De Gea and Lloris have both done so in recent times... He knows it can happen and won't dwell on it.  I expect him to come back better not worse for it having happened

December 03, 2018, 02:05:10 PM
Reply #4

TheTone

i'm more pissed off with those 2 missed headers than anything, I know they had good chances too but ours were first and when you take the lead it changes the game bigtime

December 03, 2018, 02:13:55 PM
Reply #5

Mac934

No need to apologise. He has saved us so many times this season so far. You don't hear either player for apologising for missing the easy headers which would have put us two up do you. It's only goalkeepers who fuck up that get attention because it invariably leads to a goal. Keep your head up Jordan, oh! And sort your kicking out please.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

December 03, 2018, 02:42:12 PM
Reply #6

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Aye, he has no need to apologise - we're a team, all 11, subs, manager, fans. We are one. Hopefully this makes him stronger and better. He's a young lad, and maybe this is the big, huge dose of reality he needs to take him to the next level and put the daft attempted long balls, or lumps out for too many throw-ins and giving opposition needless possession. If, and its still an if, he corrects these "moments" where perhaps he is trying too hard, then we have a true top class keeper.

December 03, 2018, 03:00:12 PM
Reply #7

di_guyo

Gonna go against the grain here and say I think he's right to apologise and it is somewhat appreciated. He let his teammates and fans down with that inexcusable error. Yes he's a top keeper, but he it's only fair that when he's praised for all the good that he does that he comes in for criticism when he messes up. He's not unique in that respect, Gana was getting blasted for missing a pass, despite being easily one of our best players for the last couple years. I think he's said the right things, and it'll be a beneficial learning experience for him.

At least it was only a point and not the UCL final, eh?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:14:29 PM by di_guyo »
Everton & Atleti

December 03, 2018, 03:18:29 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we get them in the FA cup draw tonight, at Goodison, and fuckin batter them !

December 03, 2018, 03:19:20 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we get them in the FA cup draw tonight, at Goodison, and fuckin batter them !

I hope we never have to play them again.

December 03, 2018, 03:23:13 PM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we never have to play them again.

Well unless one of us is relegated thats not going to happen is it.

December 03, 2018, 03:45:41 PM
Reply #11

Cereal Killer

Nah, even then we could be 3-0 up but the floodlights will fail with 20mins to go and the FA will order it to be replayed or some shit

Best to avoid the jammy cunts

December 03, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
Reply #12

hannu

i haven't forgiven him yet, i will do with time but not right now

December 03, 2018, 05:16:56 PM
Reply #13

Lxxx

He's young, he'll learn and improve. He'll still make howlers as that's what kind of keeper he is, he's like an excitable puppy always dancing around but he'll mature and the mistakes will become less and less.

In the bigger scheme of things it's only a point he's cost us, it just feels worse as it was a derby and it was the last second, but we expected nothing out of the game beforehand so it's the next two games where we need to be on it and get maximum points to remain on track.

December 03, 2018, 05:29:52 PM
Reply #14

Major Clanger

If he really tried to flick it behind and just fucked it up (rather than trying to catch it, which would've been a stupid idea), that's desperately unlucky.

Either way, what's happened happened, and we need him to regain his confidence as soon as possible. He deserves all the support we can give.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.