December 12, 2018, 06:13:03 PM

Author Topic: Welbeck  (Read 1431 times)

December 07, 2018, 02:40:40 PM
Reply #30

blue1948

This isn't a dig but does dcl have amazing stats? Is that why you are always saying we should play him? I've not seen anything personally that leads me to believe he's anything but a bit part player
A bit strong but I see where you are coming from , if you discount him being one of only three English players to score in a World cup final.Seriously he is still a kid but he should be making his push soon .

December 07, 2018, 02:41:50 PM
Reply #31

Hawkandro

BTW, my original post wasn't me advocating signing him, I just assumed he would be signing for us, because you know, this is what we do.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 07, 2018, 02:42:31 PM
Reply #32

blue1948

Welbeck is like the Merlot you can buy on train journeys.
It does a job, is always overpriced and youíd much rather pay double for something you actually like.
Are there trains on Malta?

December 07, 2018, 02:49:08 PM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
BTW, my original post wasn't me advocating signing him, I just assumed he would be signing for us, because you know, this is what we do.

Not anymore.

December 07, 2018, 04:11:10 PM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not as far as I know, I just personally rate him.

I think for his age to play up front in the premier league is an incredible achievement, at youth level he plays for the highest rated England side in generations and he is key. I like his style of play as a forward - not easily pidgeon-holed as a lump or as a pace merchant, he is well rounded and stands up well physically and technically even against prem level defenders.

And he has scored goals and got assists at this level as well. 2 goals so far in less than 400 minutes. 4 goals 6 assists in less than 2000 minutes last term + cup goals too.

He’s not perfect but I think he’s got a lot of potential and we should be more pleased about him than we are really.
Fair enough pal, each to their own and all that, would be shite if we all thought the same
Simply simply lovely

December 07, 2018, 04:12:48 PM
Reply #35

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
A bit strong but I see where you are coming from , if you discount him being one of only three English players to score in a World cup final.Seriously he is still a kid but he should be making his push soon .
Oh dont't get me wrong, he has potential, my point was that brap wants him starting now. At present, for me, he is a bit part player
Simply simply lovely

December 07, 2018, 06:59:39 PM
Reply #36

kramer0

Oh dont't get me wrong, he has potential, my point was that brap wants him starting now. At present, for me, he is a bit part player

He needs to play somewhat regularly to fulfill that potential.

Calvert-Lewin might not be everyone's favorite option at CF but it might actually help the team to start him and let him do all of the grunt work Richarlison is currently doing. That frees up Richarlison to wreak havoc from the left wing like he did at the start of the season and it might even help us get a bit more out of Walcott, who tends to play better flanking a target man.

Richarlison's done his best chasing lost causes in the middle of the park and trying to win headers against opposing CBs but it's not really what he's built for. He's way more of a terror using that work rate and physicality against opposing fullbacks. Think we'd score more goals if we moved him back to his natural position and let someone else do the thankless job of chasing and challenging everything in the middle of the park.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:09:46 AM by kramer0 »

December 07, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
Reply #37

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Think it says a lot about Silva's view of DCL that he's not starting games, to be honest.

December 07, 2018, 07:07:17 PM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

He needs to play somewhat regularly fulfill that potential.

Calvert-Lewin might not be everyone's favorite option at CF but it might actually help the team to start him and let him do all of the grunt work Richarlison is currently doing. That frees up Richarlison to wreak havoc from the left wing like he did at the start of the season and it might even help us get a bit more out of Walcott, who tends to play better flanking a target man.

Richarlison's done his best chasing lost causes in the middle of the park and trying to win headers against opposing CBs but it's not really what he's built for. He's way more of a terror using that work rate and physicality against opposing fullbacks. Think we'd score more goals if we moved him back to his natural position and let someone else do the thankless job of chasing and challenging everything in the middle of the park.

Think DCL is quite capable of doing this donkey work, and wonder of wonders, learn sommet about what it takes to be a Prem-caliber CF in the process.

Tosun is just a waste of roster space, sadly (and in my opinion).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 07, 2018, 07:59:13 PM
Reply #39

Bluenose 91

Think DCL is quite capable of doing this donkey work, and wonder of wonders, learn sommet about what it takes to be a Prem-caliber CF in the process.

Come off it  lolol

December 07, 2018, 09:11:43 PM
Reply #40

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Are there trains on Malta?
Lol no. There once was but not a passenger train.
Was thinking of south west trains back there. Reminiscing of the good old days of paying through the nose for packed coaches, late trains and bad wine!
Itís taken my mind off Welbeck to be honest

December 07, 2018, 09:21:21 PM
Reply #41

kramer0

He's a good sub for when we're controlling the game and need an extra attacking threat.

Certainly not good value for what we paid but not a complete waste either.

December 07, 2018, 10:47:27 PM
Reply #42

blue1948

Lol no. There once was but not a passenger train.
Was thinking of south west trains back there. Reminiscing of the good old days of paying through the nose for packed coaches, late trains and bad wine!
Itís taken my mind off Welbeck to be honest
Trains was enough but now good wine from Malta ! Hope you are enjoying life in the sun

December 07, 2018, 10:54:34 PM
Reply #43

Omar

Think it says a lot about Silva's view of DCL that he's not starting games, to be honest.

you've got a point there.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

December 07, 2018, 11:54:50 PM
Reply #44

BlueForYou

Danny Welbeck?

Stay WellClear

Will never get games out of him
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick