October 19, 2019, 07:36:25 PM

Author Topic: Gana Get Replaced?  (Read 13154 times)

December 22, 2018, 02:38:23 AM
Read 13154 times

Thomas

Vastly over rated. If we are to move on as a team we need an upgrade on him. I like the guy btw but he has found his level.

Sent from my SM-G935F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 22, 2018, 04:59:38 AM
Reply #1

Thomas

I think he’s great but would be up for selling him.

Who was better

Olivier Dacourt

or

Gana

I remember Olivier and he was a machine but he could also play a bit. The only bad thing was his tackling was shite sometimes.

December 28, 2018, 10:16:12 PM
Reply #2

Thomas

This is the shout of a man whos point is drowning fast.

Who was better Gueye or Makelele?
Dacourt played for Roma and Inter.

Gueye has played for Villa.

Our fans seriously think we can get top 6 with Gana and Davies in the team and are telling me they are the football experts.
Hahahahahahahaha
Delusional.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

December 29, 2018, 02:55:05 AM
Reply #3

Thomas

You want us to sign Danny drinkwater
Who won the league and then Chelsea signed him.

December 29, 2018, 04:27:37 AM
Reply #4

Thomas

Tbf Drinkwater was massively important in there title win. Nevertheless, suggesting he replaces Gana is either trolling or misunderstanding footy.
I liked that for the first half.

There was also clamour for him to go to Euro 2016 and surprise when he did not.

December 29, 2018, 04:40:11 AM
Reply #5

Thomas

Nathan Dyer has a Premier League winners medal.
So do Richard Wright, Luke Chadwick, Pascal Cygan, Jérémie Aliadère, Jesper Blomqvist, Jack Rodwell.
None of those players literally where the spine behind them winning the league.

I'd rather have Lee Carsley than Gana. Tbf that's probably Nostalgia but at least we finished 4th with Carsley.

January 11, 2019, 01:22:30 PM
Reply #6

Thomas

Yeah he's much better with the ball than he's given credit and he tries to go forward even if it is playing the simple pass
For me he can't pass a ball and continuously gives the ball away.

I didn't like Gareth Barry and I have never liked Gana. Both got way more credit than they deserved.

January 11, 2019, 04:40:34 PM
Reply #7

Thomas

And yet you love Scott Broon? I understand your point of ‘evertonians overrate effort and underrate guile’ but your actual judgement of players under that is fucking woeful man.

Also, fun fact : since 2016/17 season, Gylfi Sigurdsson has provided 0.07 more key passes per 90 than Idrissa ‘can’t pass a ball’ Gana Gueye.

I’ve contributed to the view that Gana is limited but in the same breath, he’s underrated and at times has held this side together. I hope he goes to Paris for £35m and wins titles.

Edit : p.s Gareth Barry was better than Andre Gomes.

Broony as a cult hero/player who would go through a brick wall for Celtic. As a footballing talent he's made the best of his many limitations.

But when I had my season ticket last year I watched Gana continously give the ball away.

Its telling Sigurdsson who can play a bit is getting loads of shit just like Barkley/Stones did whilst Davies, Barry and Gana got all the love in the world. This is something people are starting to say on this forum too especially in the most recent TD thread.

January 11, 2019, 04:49:58 PM
Reply #8

Thomas

I really liked Barry. Passing range was quite a surprise. Suppose I'd never really taken much notice of him before he arrived. Just one of those players I guess.
That's a fair point and during his career he was a great player but on the way down with us.

I liked Phil Neville but you had to respect him as he won virtually everything and was a complete winner mentality wise.

January 11, 2019, 04:52:55 PM
Reply #9

Thomas

Every discussion is a circle with you Thomas my old mate.

Who loves Tom Davies on this forum tell me please cause all I see is people slating a 20 year old with 9 appearances this year.
I am having to become the Everton equivalent of a Dame Barbara Cartland novel mate it's true, same story rehashed and I don't enjoy it but if it's for the good of the club...

Plenty of Gana/TD denialism in this thread, in the TD thread and generally on this forum and people giving Walcott and GS hell when football wise they are a class above Gana and Davies.

January 11, 2019, 05:19:52 PM
Reply #10

Thomas

Yeah.

Also midfield has biggest scope for change.

Gueye, Sigurdsson getting on a bit. Gomes not permanent.

Davies not yet developed and a host of past it/ not under considerations.