August 21, 2019, 07:51:30 AM

Author Topic: Gana Get Replaced?  (Read 12422 times)

December 29, 2018, 01:53:03 AM
Reply #45

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Another thread gone completely nuts because of mad random shouts lolol

December 29, 2018, 02:46:13 AM
Reply #46

Waltzer

40 million for a 29 year old athlete is a no brainer. 100% not irreplaceable and if we invest wisely we'll be better off

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 29, 2018, 02:55:05 AM
Reply #47

Thomas

You want us to sign Danny drinkwater
Who won the league and then Chelsea signed him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 29, 2018, 03:00:19 AM
Reply #48

Waltzer

Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverly and Jack Rodwell have also won the league, whereas players like Gerrard never, I know who I'd have preferred us to sign.....

December 29, 2018, 03:06:45 AM
Reply #49

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Drinkwater and Dacourt shouts.

Oh boy lolol

December 29, 2018, 03:10:50 AM
Reply #50

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

And he’s played about as many games fir them as I have.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 29, 2018, 03:33:33 AM
Reply #51

Thornton_19

Nathan Dyer has a Premier League winners medal.
So do Richard Wright, Luke Chadwick, Pascal Cygan, Jérémie Aliadère, Jesper Blomqvist, Jack Rodwell.

December 29, 2018, 04:00:47 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is absolutely insane
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2018, 04:01:06 AM
Reply #53

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf Drinkwater was massively important in there title win. Nevertheless, suggesting he replaces Gana is either trolling or misunderstanding footy.

December 29, 2018, 04:01:39 AM
Reply #54

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This is absolutely insane

Yeah but Marco Materazzi mate.

December 29, 2018, 04:27:37 AM
Reply #55

Thomas

Tbf Drinkwater was massively important in there title win. Nevertheless, suggesting he replaces Gana is either trolling or misunderstanding footy.
I liked that for the first half.

There was also clamour for him to go to Euro 2016 and surprise when he did not.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 29, 2018, 04:40:11 AM
Reply #56

Thomas

Nathan Dyer has a Premier League winners medal.
So do Richard Wright, Luke Chadwick, Pascal Cygan, Jérémie Aliadère, Jesper Blomqvist, Jack Rodwell.
None of those players literally where the spine behind them winning the league.

I'd rather have Lee Carsley than Gana. Tbf that's probably Nostalgia but at least we finished 4th with Carsley.

December 29, 2018, 04:49:43 AM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2018, 01:18:09 PM
Reply #58

Waltzer

Can I ask you, what do you think of this?

https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/idrissa-gueye-powers-evertons-surprising-defense/
My take on this is that his stats do look very impressive on paper, and I was talking about them to a spurs fan and he said what he'd like to know is how many of those tackles won or interceptions were as a result of him giving the ball away about 5 seconds before, which I tend to agree with. There are other interesting stats which you can read into:
In 117 games he's played we've lost 51, his tackle success is 74% and his duels won are 871 compared to 601 lost. Its hard to tell in my opinion if him being top of the ranking for tackles etc is a good or bad thing or if these are just down to work rate, by rule if you do something a lot more than someone else then you should be top, or near to it, it doesn't necessarily indicate the importance of the tackle /interception and also doesn't go into those duels lost; was he hunting the ball in areas he shouldn't have been meaning he got bypassed and we got massively exposed, which has happened? As I said previously, I think he's a very good player, but I don't think he's irreplaceable

December 29, 2018, 07:45:20 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
My take on this is that his stats do look very impressive on paper, and I was talking about them to a spurs fan and he said what he'd like to know is how many of those tackles won or interceptions were as a result of him giving the ball away about 5 seconds before, which I tend to agree with. There are other interesting stats which you can read into:
In 117 games he's played we've lost 51, his tackle success is 74% and his duels won are 871 compared to 601 lost. Its hard to tell in my opinion if him being top of the ranking for tackles etc is a good or bad thing or if these are just down to work rate, by rule if you do something a lot more than someone else then you should be top, or near to it, it doesn't necessarily indicate the importance of the tackle /interception and also doesn't go into those duels lost; was he hunting the ball in areas he shouldn't have been meaning he got bypassed and we got massively exposed, which has happened? As I said previously, I think he's a very good player, but I don't think he's irreplaceable

This is a good point re: the amount he has to tackle, but I think it’s wrong to look at it like how many tackles did he have to make because of his own fault, it’s more like, how many tackles does he have to make because the teams shape and the amount the opposition are allowed into his zone (deep, central) which means he has to work hard and win it back again and again, in a better side he wouldn’t need to.

But at the end of the day, he does have to for us and he is doing it at an extraordinary level according to this article, and masking the side’s deficiencies.