August 24, 2019, 06:56:52 AM

Author Topic: Gana Get Replaced?  (Read 12491 times)

December 11, 2018, 09:51:54 PM
Read 12491 times

Waltzer

He's the one player I think the opposition want on the ball, they either close him down quickly then he loses the ball or they give him enough rope and he hangs himself. Great at winning the ball back, but that's not really football

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 12, 2018, 12:47:22 AM
Reply #1

Waltzer

It's this and more of this.

Against about say ~12 teams in the league he's awesome.

Put him up against that shite Newcastle side and he's just atrocious. Silva needs to notice this and bring Davies on at the half when teams do that to us. At least he tries to make the forward pass.

I don't want him gone till we sort out the box to box mid, and even our attacking mid.
Agree with what you're saying, but Davies isn't the answer!

December 29, 2018, 02:46:13 AM
Reply #2

Waltzer

40 million for a 29 year old athlete is a no brainer. 100% not irreplaceable and if we invest wisely we'll be better off

December 29, 2018, 03:00:19 AM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Who won the league and then Chelsea signed him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverly and Jack Rodwell have also won the league, whereas players like Gerrard never, I know who I'd have preferred us to sign.....

December 29, 2018, 01:18:09 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Can I ask you, what do you think of this?

https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/idrissa-gueye-powers-evertons-surprising-defense/
My take on this is that his stats do look very impressive on paper, and I was talking about them to a spurs fan and he said what he'd like to know is how many of those tackles won or interceptions were as a result of him giving the ball away about 5 seconds before, which I tend to agree with. There are other interesting stats which you can read into:
In 117 games he's played we've lost 51, his tackle success is 74% and his duels won are 871 compared to 601 lost. Its hard to tell in my opinion if him being top of the ranking for tackles etc is a good or bad thing or if these are just down to work rate, by rule if you do something a lot more than someone else then you should be top, or near to it, it doesn't necessarily indicate the importance of the tackle /interception and also doesn't go into those duels lost; was he hunting the ball in areas he shouldn't have been meaning he got bypassed and we got massively exposed, which has happened? As I said previously, I think he's a very good player, but I don't think he's irreplaceable

January 09, 2019, 01:58:00 AM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Don't see why not. Take the cash if it's too good to turn down and work backwards from there.
Yep, don't cut your nose off to spite your face, anything north of 30 I thinks a good deal. Shame to lose him, but he's not irreplaceable

January 11, 2019, 04:41:50 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

I really liked Barry. Passing range was quite a surprise. Suppose I'd never really taken much notice of him before he arrived. Just one of those players I guess.
I think he's similar to Milner, when he's one of your own you really appreciate his consistency, professionalism, leadership and dedication, but like you said a lot of what he did goes unnoticed to those outside your club.

January 14, 2019, 03:56:55 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

If for 30 m let him go , Mcarthy will do untill the end of the season.

I agree in principle, theres just no evidence to suggest he'll make it to the end of the season

January 14, 2019, 05:50:24 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

If the rumours are true that hes had talks with Tuchel, looking for a house in Paris etc then I think we're probably at the point of needing to negotiate the sale. Going to PSG for him would be absolutely amazing and something he warrants for years of dedication. Yes, he will be a loss for us (but not irreplaceable), but you'd have to ask where his head would be after the transfer window closes if this does fall through.

I get that hes under contract, but hes not and Evertonian, hes given his all for us and any of us in that position would want the same.