December 13, 2019, 07:53:53 PM

Author Topic: Gana Get Replaced?  (Read 13603 times)

January 15, 2019, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #150

sam of the south

Its all gone a bit weird
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

January 15, 2019, 07:02:03 PM
Reply #151

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 15, 2019, 07:16:15 PM
Reply #152

kramer0

He can pass accurately.

It's the range that's lacking.

January 15, 2019, 07:19:26 PM
Reply #153

Toddacelli

Because he doesn't, his passing range is not 100 % but his presence in the middle of the park is missed when he's not there, people see what they want to fit their agenda and fuck all else. Simple really, Gana would run through walls to make sure he's winning the ball, he gives his all every game but because he can't ping 40 yard passes to the forward player then he's shit.... Fucking bollocks man.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I'm not trying to fit an agenda. It is a genuine observation from me (and my own limited interpretation of the game).

"Gana would run through walls to make sure he's winning the ball, he gives his all every game" - Agree 100%

I'd also add that we are far, far better with him than without him. And I love him at Everton and contrary to what some other posters seem to be saying - I think he will be very, very hard to replace. How people think we can pick a replacement up for 10M in a lower, European league - I have no idea.

But I do think he gives possession away a lot more than he should.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 15, 2019, 07:34:59 PM
Reply #154

gizzblue

If you can't pass accurately you can't be good enough for this league. Running around, closing down, breaking up play is not much use if you give the ball back to the opposition. Championship is OK for him. He cost us little from a relegated club.

Ffs. ..
Born not made a blue .

January 15, 2019, 07:37:08 PM
Reply #155

Bluedylan

If we get offered 30m or above for him, I'd sell him. You're never going to get offered more than that for him, so he's peak value, and all players are replaceable. 

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

January 15, 2019, 08:01:22 PM
Reply #156

American Evertonian

If we get offered 30m or above for him, I'd sell him. You're never going to get offered more than that for him, so he's peak value, and all players are replaceable. 

That's fair in terms of valuation - probably will never get more for him. However, we don't have to sell to buy anymore. I think we should only sell him if we can get a player that better fits Silva's system and improve our squad as a whole. If we can't do that then we should hold onto him until we find that player.
Are we there yet?

January 15, 2019, 08:06:33 PM
Reply #157

Bluedylan

That's fair in terms of valuation - probably will never get more for him. However, we don't have to sell to buy anymore. I think we should only sell him if we can get a player that better fits Silva's system and improve our squad as a whole. If we can't do that then we should hold onto him until we find that player.

Yes fair point. I agree that we don't need to sell to buy. Having said that, we do have a responsibility to be a little more financially prudent than the last few seasons, if we're going to be sustainable and successful. Part of that is selling people aged 29, when you get large, profitable bids. He's a very good player with notable limitations. He's replaceable and we need to rebuild the midfield. This season is very much a transition, flux season, so it might be the right time to sell and maximise value.

I'd also put the feelers out to see if anyone wants to pay 25-30m for Gylfi, and just start the entire midfield from scratch.

January 15, 2019, 08:14:14 PM
Reply #158

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id love it for a Chinese team to give us untold millions for Gylfi.

Still though...Im so torn over him. Did mine eyes deceive me or was he playing as a deeper pivot in the second half? Get the ball, lose his marker and spray it or through ball to the wide men?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2019, 08:20:26 PM
Reply #159

Bluedylan

He's a really good player, and his output this season has been decent, but maybe it just doesn't work and we should accept that.

I think it was fair for Silva to try to make our midfield work with the options we have, because we do have good players and it was reasonable to try it, but the balance never seems to really work properly.

So maybe it's better looking at his team like a construction job, and maybe the best move he can make it just to rip the midfield out altogether and build it as you want it, rather than trying to refine an imperfect set-up.

January 15, 2019, 08:36:49 PM
Reply #160

kramer0

Definitely the way to go.

January 15, 2019, 08:43:38 PM
Reply #161

KoemansNumberTens

If you can't pass accurately you can't be good enough for this league. Running around, closing down, breaking up play is not much use if you give the ball back to the opposition. Championship is OK for him. He cost us little from a relegated club. 

Haha hes probably our best player. Now clubs make mistakes in the market but it would be 1 hell of a mistake for PSG to sign a player not only not good enough for them but not good enough for us or actually any premier league team.

January 15, 2019, 08:53:38 PM
Reply #162

Martip

What the absolute fuck.

January 15, 2019, 09:10:45 PM
Reply #163

eugene

Apart from Rom by the looks of it of course

January 15, 2019, 10:09:19 PM
Reply #164

Alanvideo

Apart from Rom by the looks of it of course
................there's a programme on Sky showing his greatest goals ,mostly for Everton.  Some games he won single handed especially when he had dreadlocks it seems. Fantastic player in those days ,now seems to have gone off the boil.
We are special ,we are Everton.