September 15, 2019, 09:03:48 PM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 8510 times)

Mcgolpin and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 12, 2019, 04:39:26 AM
Reply #135

Mayor Farnum

For a good finisher he's scored eight goals in thirty-nine games.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 12, 2019, 04:58:34 AM
Reply #136

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Can be the best finisher in the world, if noone creates owt tho what you gonna do?
Simply simply lovely

September 12, 2019, 05:34:18 AM
Reply #137

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
DCL isn't started, or brought off the bench, to be a "goal threat" - it's to do all the other things that make Marco's system function efficiently.  Tosun is, at least to my eye, "just a finisher" - why he made sense to a "lump it forward and see what happens" dinosaur like Allardyce.

That's quite a claim to say our 2nd striker isn't played as a goal threat. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on his choice of picking to be number 9 but he doesn't do that much to justify his inclusion without some significant degree of a goal threat. In fact, in his first start I thought we looked at our best as an attacking unit with Kean in that position vs Wolves.

I think you're being pretty harsh on Tosun personally. In his one game in the league cup he set up Iwobi with a good deal of awareness. He definitely has that aspect to his game too.

That said, I doubt Tosun will be here too much longer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:35:36 AM by blueToffee »

September 12, 2019, 05:56:36 AM
Reply #138

Cozzie

Hell of a lot of those games he was coming on last 5-10 mins to be fair.

6 hours ago
Reply #139

Gary Todd

Hasnt really been given an opportunity under silva to be fair to the lad was a superb pass to iwobi last time out and I'd much prefer him on to score us a goal than dcl that's for sure.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

5 hours ago
Reply #140

Mayor Farnum

Hasnt really been given an opportunity under silva to be fair to the lad was a superb pass to iwobi last time out and I'd much prefer him on to score us a goal than dcl that's for sure.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

There's more to opportunity than game time. I'm sure Silva assess him in training on a daily basis.
Something clever written by someone else.