August 08, 2020, 01:09:02 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 29375 times)

September 12, 2019, 04:39:26 AM
Reply #135

Mayor Farnum

For a good finisher he's scored eight goals in thirty-nine games.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 12, 2019, 04:58:34 AM
Reply #136

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Can be the best finisher in the world, if noone creates owt tho what you gonna do?
Simply simply lovely

September 12, 2019, 05:34:18 AM
Reply #137

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
DCL isn't started, or brought off the bench, to be a "goal threat" - it's to do all the other things that make Marco's system function efficiently.  Tosun is, at least to my eye, "just a finisher" - why he made sense to a "lump it forward and see what happens" dinosaur like Allardyce.

That's quite a claim to say our 2nd striker isn't played as a goal threat. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on his choice of picking to be number 9 but he doesn't do that much to justify his inclusion without some significant degree of a goal threat. In fact, in his first start I thought we looked at our best as an attacking unit with Kean in that position vs Wolves.

I think you're being pretty harsh on Tosun personally. In his one game in the league cup he set up Iwobi with a good deal of awareness. He definitely has that aspect to his game too.

That said, I doubt Tosun will be here too much longer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:35:36 AM by blueToffee »

September 12, 2019, 05:56:36 AM
Reply #138

Cozzie

Hell of a lot of those games he was coming on last 5-10 mins to be fair.

September 15, 2019, 02:54:59 PM
Reply #139

Gary Todd

Hasnt really been given an opportunity under silva to be fair to the lad was a superb pass to iwobi last time out and I'd much prefer him on to score us a goal than dcl that's for sure.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 15, 2019, 03:05:32 PM
Reply #140

Mayor Farnum

Hasnt really been given an opportunity under silva to be fair to the lad was a superb pass to iwobi last time out and I'd much prefer him on to score us a goal than dcl that's for sure.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

There's more to opportunity than game time. I'm sure Silva assess him in training on a daily basis.

September 17, 2019, 05:37:35 PM
Reply #141

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

September 17, 2019, 07:32:36 PM
Reply #144

Macca77

September 17, 2019, 10:19:12 PM
Reply #145

D15TIN

Can be the best finisher in the world, if noone creates owt tho what you gonna do?
Disagree, his movement, pace, heading ability all not great - never finds the space - I look at the sides he's scored against - Millwall, Brighton, Huddersfield, Palace etc - that to me tells its own story

I think he's a PL CBs dream to play against, know youre in for an easy day.

September 17, 2019, 10:24:21 PM
Reply #146

Shogun

Administrator
Seems unlikely he'd go there.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 26, 2019, 06:30:23 PM
Reply #147

The Analog Kid

Perfect opportunity for him on Tuesday yet he didn't even travel,  he was in London doing promotional work apparently

September 28, 2019, 06:08:07 PM
Reply #148

Mayor Farnum

I dare say there are plenty of good finishers if everything was put on a plate for them. However, movement, anticipation and strength will aid good finishers when not everything is going their way. Cenk has none of those attributes.

September 28, 2019, 06:57:31 PM
Reply #149

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I dare say there are plenty of good finishers if everything was put on a plate for them. However, movement, anticipation and strength will aid good finishers when not everything is going their way. Cenk has none of those attributes.
I'm not saying he is the best finisher in the world I am saying we could have a hybrid of Ronaldo and Messi and they would struggle to score in this side
Simply simply lovely