September 15, 2019, 08:54:01 PM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 8507 times)

December 12, 2018, 01:30:20 AM
Reply #15

toffee_scot

Yeah can't see Tosun have much of a future.

We paid something like 25m though so don't know who would be willing to pay big money for him.

December 12, 2018, 02:04:04 AM
Reply #16

sam of the south

Hes a great lad by all accounts, and I think he loves it here, so I dont think hed mind being a sub.

However, if we have genuine designs on breaking into the Top 5/6, Im not even sure hes a good enough option from the bench.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 12, 2018, 02:12:06 AM
Reply #17

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think he'll want to be more than a sub and can see him going. I don't think Walcott will move until next season though. He's getting plenty of games

December 12, 2018, 02:43:26 AM
Reply #18

Thornton_19

I think he'll want to be more than a sub and can see him going. I don't think Walcott will move until next season though. He's getting plenty of games
Id want to move him before his pace goes though, if that goes he will be awful and we wont be able to shift him.

December 12, 2018, 02:57:27 AM
Reply #19

Dr. Sponge

Keep Tosun if hes happy to be a squad player. Hes an upgrade on Niasse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 12, 2018, 03:00:05 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Im only messing btw before anyone accuses me of being a dreadful knob, we all have opinions all the time. Im sure if you went back to his run of scoring id be buzzing off him.

But anyway the cenkster - struggles doesnt he. Think the writing was on the wall when those Kenyan competition winners had him in their pockets.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2018, 03:06:26 AM
Reply #21

eyesalwaysblue

Id want to move him before his pace goes though, if that goes he will be awful and we wont be able to shift him.
Like to move him before he gets lazy..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 12, 2018, 07:23:20 AM
Reply #22

Shogun

Administrator
Not good enough to start and doesnt have an impact from the bench. Move him on.

December 12, 2018, 07:42:58 AM
Reply #23

blueski

A poor man's Jelavic
an interesting comparison - for me Jelavic was the better of the two by far although the league's gotten so much better since Jelavic's time hasn't it - so maybe Jelavic would struggle even more today?
Nil Satis

December 12, 2018, 07:54:16 AM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
If you look at the age of the players we brought in...

Richarlison 21, Mina 24 ,Zouma 24, Digne 25, Gomes 25, Bernard 26.

They're all around the same ball park with Richarlison slightly younger.

Considering their ages when we get to the summer then Tosun at 29, Niasse 29, Walcott 30 and Morgan 29 will all be gone. The exceptions are probably Coleman who will stay because of his stature at the club whilst Sigurdsson has enough talent that he'll stay too, unless someone tables a big bid which is unlikely.  Jags and Baines will leave on their own accord and Stekelenburg will stay until he's 75 which should take us to 2022.

Vlasic is probably the only player we try to keep who is out on loan.

We'll shift McCarthy as well, probably to Celtic on loan.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:57:32 AM by Shogun »

December 12, 2018, 04:32:25 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

If you look at the age of the players we brought in...

Richarlison 21, Mina 24 ,Zouma 24, Digne 25, Gomes 25, Bernard 26.

They're all around the same ball park with Richarlison slightly younger.

Considering their ages when we get to the summer then Tosun at 29, Niasse 29, Walcott 30 and Morgan 29 will all be gone. The exceptions are probably Coleman who will stay because of his stature at the club whilst Sigurdsson has enough talent that he'll stay too, unless someone tables a big bid which is unlikely.  Jags and Baines will leave on their own accord and Stekelenburg will stay until he's 75 which should take us to 2022.

Vlasic is probably the only player we try to keep who is out on loan.

We'll shift McCarthy as well, probably to Celtic on loan.

We will hopefully have Onyekuru as well next season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 12, 2018, 05:48:27 PM
Reply #26

Mac934

What about the current loaners like Mirallas? Will he come back for good or will anyone want him?
Tosun doesn't change a game, at least Niasse will scare the shit out of teams cos he runs at them, out of control mostly, but he does score goals.

December 12, 2018, 05:58:59 PM
Reply #27

gizzblue

Rekon Niasse ,Cenk will both be out if we get a striker in .
Born not made a blue .

December 12, 2018, 07:31:58 PM
Reply #28

Ross

Unbelievable to think Allardyce was allowed to spend so much money last January.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 12, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Reply #29

TheTone

I was never having him or Walcott from the start, was it 45m for the pair of them? kin hell