November 15, 2019, 11:52:20 PM

Author Topic: Racist chanting  (Read 8105 times)

December 21, 2018, 05:02:31 PM
Read 8105 times

sam of the south

So fucking cringe
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 21, 2018, 10:40:51 PM
Reply #1

sam of the south

Great site, lads
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 21, 2018, 11:05:39 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Jesus fucking christ.

Good ere, innit.

I wonder if Alf Garnetts still got an NSNO account 🤔
Henry David Thoreau

December 22, 2018, 12:23:13 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Its not though, its in bad taste,  but ask any person of colour to tell you the racist abuse they've experienced as a child and adult and being told you've got a big cock, or assuming you've got a big cock will not be up there.

You probably dont know that many then.

My brother-in-law told me that growing up in New York and often getting called stupid n****r, and only being praised for his athleticism or perceived outsized genitalia was all part of the same thing.

Painted as an outsider and a meatheaded physical freak is no fun as a kid, and the scars go deep.
Henry David Thoreau

December 22, 2018, 12:31:10 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

Only my own mother, but granted she doesn't have a cock.

Ill take your word for it
Henry David Thoreau

December 22, 2018, 12:51:38 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau

December 22, 2018, 02:50:32 AM
Reply #6

sam of the south

Tell you whose best placed to judge what is and isnt racist?

Bunch of white fellas on the internet.

Yeah, but some shit is pretty cut and dry, especially if you have grown up being close to men of colour or have some in your family
Henry David Thoreau

December 27, 2018, 04:01:33 PM
Reply #7

sam of the south

Specifically the "black people have massive dicks" stereotype, while sounding like a compliment, was actually invented and spread by missionaries, to emphasise their animal-like nature and thus provide a moral basis for slave trade.

In a nutshell (tenuous pun intended)
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 04:59:22 AM
Reply #8

sam of the south

You can put literally anything in front of some people and they will find a way to see past it.

Yeah, especially white Western males over the age of 45
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 05:33:37 AM
Reply #9

sam of the south

I've got 5 good years left then.

Different generation, bro
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

Come on Sam is that not the type of sweeping generalisation that's being talked about here? A lot of us oldies aren't racist either ya know.

Yes it is, and it was intentionally provocative, to highlight the irony
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 02:50:08 PM
Reply #11

sam of the south

Made up that a song being sung by 20 people (tops) on a coach away from the ground is still getting so much attention. Especially as the argument has changed and progressed so far.

We get it Sam, white people - men in particular - are just awful.   

I was deliberately stereotyping, which is what the song was doing.

Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 03:23:39 PM
Reply #12

sam of the south

They stopped doing it ages ago though.

I dont know what you mean
Henry David Thoreau