October 14, 2019, 03:19:46 AM

Author Topic: Racist chanting  (Read 7865 times)

December 23, 2018, 01:11:22 PM
Reply #75

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
South African average was 6.1 before I left the country.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
Reply #76

Bally

Administrator
Tell you whose best placed to judge what is and isn't racist?

Bunch of white fellas on the internet.
I'm not white I define as blue

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

December 23, 2018, 04:45:15 PM
Reply #77

Dr. Sponge

I identify as a toffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 24, 2018, 01:27:58 AM
Reply #78

SANA_DR0

I identify as a toffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i prefer the term Everton mints, cos black and white, brown in the centre.. :s
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 25, 2018, 01:05:32 AM
Reply #79

Mayor Farnum

Does Soccer AM still have a feature were they ask guests which of their teammates has the biggest cock? Not mentioned in the original article.
Something clever written by someone else.

December 25, 2018, 01:24:27 AM
Reply #80

chang

Does Soccer AM still have a feature were they ask guests which of their teammates has the biggest cock? Not mentioned in the original article.

"who's the longest in the shower?" I think is what they used to ask ...

December 25, 2018, 01:48:56 AM
Reply #81

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Slightly irrelevant to the debate though isn't it. They're not inferring any particular race or nationality has the  biggest cock, they're just asking who has.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 25, 2018, 01:59:30 AM
Reply #82

Mayor Farnum

Slightly irrelevant to the debate though isn't it. They're not inferring any particular race or nationality has the  biggest cock, they're just asking who has.

I haven't heard the song. Does it mention Mina's race or just his cock?

Also if Soccer AM is ten years old and the people singing the song are say 20-25 years old it may be that the subject matter is more acceptable to them as they have grown up with it on mainstream tv.

December 25, 2018, 02:16:06 AM
Reply #83

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I haven't heard the song. Does it mention Mina's race or just his cock?

Also if Soccer AM is ten years old and the people singing the song are say 20-25 years old it may be that the subject matter is more acceptable to them as they have grown up with it on mainstream tv.

No it doesn't mention his race, but its being sang because of his race.

It probably is that, which is why i said I'd be hesitant to label someone a racist who sang it. If it's brought to light that some black men feel uncomfortable with it or feel racially stereotyped or even racially abused, then its about educating other people so it doesn't carry on.

I initially thought it was PC gone mad, but I've changed my mind on it
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 27, 2018, 03:09:36 PM
Reply #84

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
It is racist lads, sorry to break it to you.

Highlighting and focusing on black people's physical attributes is a thing that's dated back to slavery.

The people involved in this chant possibly weren't intending to be malicious, and it's more of an ignorance thing, which we're all guilty of or have been guilty of. But then people probably need to educate themselves a bit more.

Also, if you use the word 'snowflake' without any hint of irony, there's a strong likelihood that you're a bit of a cunt.

Specifically the "black people have massive dicks" stereotype, while sounding like a compliment, was actually invented and spread by missionaries, to emphasise their animal-like nature and thus provide a moral basis for slave trade.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 27, 2018, 04:01:33 PM
Reply #85

sam of the south

Specifically the "black people have massive dicks" stereotype, while sounding like a compliment, was actually invented and spread by missionaries, to emphasise their animal-like nature and thus provide a moral basis for slave trade.

In a nutshell (tenuous pun intended)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 28, 2018, 01:56:10 AM
Reply #86

Mayor Farnum

What's our current position on making jokes about Yakubu's age.

December 28, 2018, 02:40:30 AM
Reply #87

Fynci

I didn’t think I’d ever post a book recommendation on here, but this is well worth a read: https://www.bookdepository.com/Why-Im-No-Longer-Talking-White-People-About-Race-Reni-Eddo-Lodge/9781408870587

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

December 28, 2018, 04:49:11 PM
Reply #88

Bluedylan

Indeed. This comes a little later, but as an example of a frankly horrendous text written, this kind of thing illustrates some of the thinking that went along with those kinds of attitudes - http://losinger.altervista.org/documents/HowardMedicine.pdf

(some direct quotes)

When education will reduce the large size of the Negro’s penis, as well as bring about the sensitiveness of the terminal fibers which exist in the Caucasian, then will it also be able to prevent the African’s birthright to sexual madness and excess.

The truth is that the negro of today, untrammeled and free of control, is rapidly showing atavistic tendencies. He is returning to a state of savagery, and in his frequent attacks of sexual madness, his religious emotionalism, superstition, and indolence, is himself again - a savage. This animalism, this innate character of the African, will demonstrate itself more and more as his is allowed the liberty of his sway of ancestral sexual impulses...'

That was written by a fucking doctor in 1903. Next time someone says 'I don't know why anyone would complain about being told they've got a big dick', people should have some fucking awareness where this drivel and these awful associations come from.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 28, 2018, 08:52:01 PM
Reply #89

Toffee Tuesdays

That was written by a fucking doctor in 1903. Next time someone says 'I don't know why anyone would complain about being told they've got a big dick', people should have some fucking awareness where this drivel and these awful associations come from.
First time I heard this in my life and i suspect these views are not present in the vast majority of people who had any thoughts about black guys being bigger.  Seems like we should celebrate when a negative thing is lost in time, no? Unpopular opinion maybe but to me it seems like calling something like this racist because people over 100 years ago said something similar but with a different meaning only preserves those hateful views we are trying to eradicate.