October 14, 2019, 08:43:20 PM

Author Topic: Racist chanting  (Read 7879 times)

December 28, 2018, 09:12:16 PM
Reply #90

Omar

something someting, Irish curse, something something.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

December 29, 2018, 04:24:08 AM
Reply #91

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
First time I heard this in my life and i suspect these views are not present in the vast majority of people who had any thoughts about black guys being bigger.  Seems like we should celebrate when a negative thing is lost in time, no? Unpopular opinion maybe but to me it seems like calling something like this racist because people over 100 years ago said something similar but with a different meaning only preserves those hateful views we are trying to eradicate.

It isn't lost in time for black people.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 29, 2018, 04:53:44 AM
Reply #92

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You can put literally anything in front of some people and they will find a way to see past it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2018, 04:59:22 AM
Reply #93

sam of the south

You can put literally anything in front of some people and they will find a way to see past it.

Yeah, especially white Western males over the age of 45
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 05:32:29 AM
Reply #94

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

I've got 5 good years left then.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 29, 2018, 05:33:37 AM
Reply #95

sam of the south

I've got 5 good years left then.

Different generation, bro
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 05:35:11 AM
Reply #96

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2018, 06:14:05 AM
Reply #97

Dr. Sponge

I get what some people are saying about how it was used as a tool (no pun intended) to justify lynching black men a hundred or so years ago, but that's really not the case now.

It's a stereotype that's stuck for so long because it's a bit true, as many penis studies have shown. It's not abuse, it's just a stereotype, and you can stereotype without being racist.

It's a crap song and a bit distasteful so good riddance to it, but I'm betting Mina wasn't offended by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 29, 2018, 07:10:39 AM
Reply #98

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm betting Mina wasn't offended by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Maybe not. Im betting were a bunch of ignorant and uneducated wankers for singing it at him though.

December 29, 2018, 09:13:05 AM
Reply #99

eyesalwaysblue

Come on Sam is that not the type of sweeping generalisation that's being talked about here? A lot of us oldies aren't racist either ya know.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 29, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
Reply #100

sam of the south

Come on Sam is that not the type of sweeping generalisation that's being talked about here? A lot of us oldies aren't racist either ya know.

Yes it is, and it was intentionally provocative, to highlight the irony
Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
Reply #101

Simon Paul

Administrator
Made up that a song being sung by 20 people (tops) on a coach away from the ground is still getting so much attention. Especially as the argument has changed and progressed so far.

We get it Sam, white people - men in particular - are just awful.   

December 29, 2018, 02:50:08 PM
Reply #102

sam of the south

Made up that a song being sung by 20 people (tops) on a coach away from the ground is still getting so much attention. Especially as the argument has changed and progressed so far.

We get it Sam, white people - men in particular - are just awful.   

I was deliberately stereotyping, which is what the song was doing.

Henry David Thoreau

December 29, 2018, 03:07:40 PM
Reply #103

Simon Paul

Administrator
I was deliberately stereotyping, which is what the song was doing.
They stopped doing it ages ago though.

December 29, 2018, 03:23:39 PM
Reply #104

sam of the south

They stopped doing it ages ago though.

I dont know what you mean
Henry David Thoreau