January 20, 2019, 02:56:52 AM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 30256 times)

December 24, 2018, 06:25:29 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is the thing after that game I was pissed off but happy in a way safe in the knowledge were progressing. The performances since then have been an absolute shambles tbh.

Meh I wasn’t so sure, we had some good results but performances had been a tad ropey with some similar problems to what we’ve had in the bad run.

People breaking on to us a lot, giving up more chances than we’re creating, not managing games well, not controlling games even against crap sides etc.

From an xg point of view we’ve probably regressed to the level our performances have said we should be.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 24, 2018, 06:29:33 AM
Reply #46

Hawkandro

That Liverpool goal really has destroyed our confidence.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 24, 2018, 02:33:50 PM
Reply #47

Cereal Killer

Remember last season when we had:

- The former Ajax captain
- The Wales and former Swansea captain
- The Rep of Ireland captain
- The former England and Man Utd captain
- The Curacao captain
- Phil Jagielka in his 5th season as captain

lolol

5 of which were shit and/or past it, the other broke his leg....

December 24, 2018, 02:53:46 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Yawn.

December 24, 2018, 04:26:48 PM
Reply #49

BlueBeagle

Fuck all to do with that.

Very much doubt that a professional footballer, bar maybe Pickford who was at fault, would have their confidence destroyed by a total fluke of a goal that came out of nowhere.

December 25, 2018, 12:38:38 AM
Reply #50

Thomas

Seeing what we where like without Gana only reaffirms my belief we need Drinkwater.

The funny thing is the people saying 'exposed without gana' are the same peopole who laugh off my Drinkwater suggestion like @Bluedylan
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 25, 2018, 12:46:55 AM
Reply #51

Waltzer

Seeing what we where like without Gana only reaffirms my belief we need Drinkwater.

The funny thing is the people saying 'exposed without gana' are the same peopole who laugh off my Drinkwater suggestion like @Bluedylan
Drinkwater had a really good season, but there's been lots of 1 season wonders. I suspect Chelsea would want their money back on him and I don't know if he's worth the gamble? If you got the Leicester Drinkwater, maybe, but he hasn't played for 18 months really

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 25, 2018, 12:58:49 AM
Reply #52

Thomas

Drinkwater had a really good season, but there's been lots of 1 season wonders. I suspect Chelsea would want their money back on him and I don't know if he's worth the gamble? If you got the Leicester Drinkwater, maybe, but he hasn't played for 18 months really

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Fair point mate. We still need a Phil Nevile/Carsley type in there for me though someone with influence who can maybe play a little but is also a good water carrier and at putting out fires

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 25, 2018, 01:03:15 AM
Reply #53

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Danny Drinkwater and IGG are not the same sort of player at all. For absolute fucks sake.

December 25, 2018, 01:44:55 AM
Reply #54

Macca77

Put the Christmas sherry away ffs!

December 25, 2018, 02:27:04 AM
Reply #55

Juanito

Fuck all to do with that.

Very much doubt that a professional footballer, bar maybe Pickford who was at fault, would have their confidence destroyed by a total fluke of a goal that came out of nowhere.

Well, maybe not confidence but perhaps morale. We were toe to toe with Liverpool for 93 minutes (which would have taken an enormous amount of work, energy and absolute concentration) then a cavalier bit of goalkeeping destroys what would have been a morale boosting result. Also worth pointing out how heads drop from another cavalier moment on Sunday that led to a complete shift in tempo and morale.

December 25, 2018, 02:29:31 AM
Reply #56

Juanito

Drinkwater is not that bad as he can sit, hold and pass the ball forward but we have the finances and creativity at a Director of Footballer level to find someone a bit more imaginative.

December 25, 2018, 02:40:25 AM
Reply #57

Evertonian in NC

DCL is certainly adequate for where we are in our re-building.  Nothing to be lost by playing him, you see what you have plus it could kick on and he elevates his game to Top 6-level.  It certainly could happen, not that anyone is saying it is certain (or even more likely than not).  I would wait until summer to even think of strikers, other than selling Tosun if possible.

If a RB is available, we jump on that because it is an immediate need, and hampering how we play at present.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 25, 2018, 04:47:42 AM
Reply #58

Dr. Sponge

Good job I said I wasn't comparing them isn't it

Well, you said “not comparing” and then compared them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 25, 2018, 07:50:24 PM
Reply #59

KoemansNumberTens

DCL is certainly adequate for where we are in our re-building.  Nothing to be lost by playing him, you see what you have plus it could kick on and he elevates his game to Top 6-level.  It certainly could happen, not that anyone is saying it is certain (or even more likely than not).  I would wait until summer to even think of strikers, other than selling Tosun if possible.

If a RB is available, we jump on that because it is an immediate need, and hampering how we play at present.

Is he?? Likes of Watford Leicester and Bournemouth have a comfortably better striker. We are apparently confident of finished 7th. Most teams have better forwards than where DCL currently is