January 20, 2019, 02:20:57 AM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 30254 times)

December 25, 2018, 10:38:13 PM
Reply #60

Evertonian in NC

Is he?? Likes of Watford Leicester and Bournemouth have a comfortably better striker. We are apparently confident of finished 7th. Most teams have better forwards than where DCL currently is

He is adequate (I didn't say best of the rest or anything) for a team that won't make the Top 6, nor be engaged in a relegation battle.

Rather than play some skill-limited 29/30-year old (who won't get any better and surely won't be part of the next challenge-worthy Everton side), you play the young player so you know better what you have (and what you need to acquire) in the summer window,
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 25, 2018, 10:53:15 PM
Reply #61

boothill

Wanyama,  ive always liked him

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 25, 2018, 11:06:24 PM
Reply #62

KoemansNumberTens

He is adequate (I didn't say best of the rest or anything) for a team that won't make the Top 6, nor be engaged in a relegation battle.

Rather than play some skill-limited 29/30-year old (who won't get any better and surely won't be part of the next challenge-worthy Everton side), you play the young player so you know better what you have (and what you need to acquire) in the summer window,

Heís okay if youíre hoping to achieve the square route of fuck all. They are all okay if we are accepting we arenít going to progress or go down. Though that sounds like zero ambition

December 26, 2018, 12:25:44 AM
Reply #63

Evertonian in NC

Heís okay if youíre hoping to achieve the square route of fuck all. They are all okay if we are accepting we arenít going to progress or go down. Though that sounds like zero ambition

It's a transitional season.  We won't (or at least shouldn't) judge Silva on whether he squeezes the last drop out of "how high can Everton finish in mid-Table."  That's nice, but largely irrelevant - at least compared to establishing a style of play, and discovering who belongs - and who needs an upgrade - in terms of the next, very good Everton side.

It's not lack of ambition, but rather a long-term vision as opposed to the short term-ism that (in my view) has held us back ever since the Roberto experiment fizzled out.

We have to remember that "opportunity cost" is still very important, in terms of how Brands makes acquisitions.  Every dollar wasted in the over-priced January market is a dollar that we can't use later.

Fortunately, I think Brands very much gets this, and knows when to keep our powder dry.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 26, 2018, 01:36:43 AM
Reply #64

BlueBeagle

It's a transitional season.  We won't (or at least shouldn't) judge Silva on whether he squeezes the last drop out of "how high can Everton finish in mid-Table."  That's nice, but largely irrelevant - at least compared to establishing a style of play, and discovering who belongs - and who needs an upgrade - in terms of the next, very good Everton side.

It's not lack of ambition, but rather a long-term vision as opposed to the short term-ism that (in my view) has held us back ever since the Roberto experiment fizzled out.

We have to remember that "opportunity cost" is still very important, in terms of how Brands makes acquisitions.  Every dollar wasted in the over-priced January market is a dollar that we can't use later.

Fortunately, I think Brands very much gets this, and knows when to keep our powder dry.

Pound thanks!

December 26, 2018, 03:07:38 AM
Reply #65

Evertonian in NC

Brexit Bucks ok?  :D

December 26, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
Reply #66

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
If Drinkwater is your answer, Drinking is your problem.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 26, 2018, 04:33:00 PM
Reply #67

stirlingblue

If Drinkwater is your answer, Drinking is your problem.

Such a weird shout, heís very similar to Schiederlin in play style and ability and Schniederlin doesnít get near the starting 11.

December 26, 2018, 04:49:53 PM
Reply #68

sam of the south

I have to hope that this bad run has just highlighted to Brands and Silva what we need, but I also hope that the run isnít so bad that it puts off the coveted players from wanting to join us
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 26, 2018, 05:24:07 PM
Reply #69

Thornton_19

If we signed Drinkwater, we would be needing to replace him in the Summer as the same problems would arise anyway.
- lack of creativity.
- not enough dynamic a midfield.
- not defensive cover.

Buying Drinkwater would be reckless spending so the shout needs to be stopped.

December 26, 2018, 05:55:17 PM
Reply #70

Macca77

Lads, we're not buying Drinkwater, he's no better that what we already have.

December 26, 2018, 06:03:58 PM
Reply #71

Cereal Killer

Lads, we're not buying Drinkwater, he's no better that what we already have.

But, but, but he won a title! And Chelsea bought him!  :snigger:

December 26, 2018, 06:10:19 PM
Reply #72

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck drinkwater
Simply simply lovely

December 26, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
Reply #73

KoemansNumberTens

Itís a lack of ambition if we arenít looking for better players. Canít believe anyone is trying to tell us we donít need a striker as soon as possible

December 26, 2018, 08:16:14 PM
Reply #74

Lxxx

Popped into a transfer thread to still hear shouts for Danny fuckin Drinkwater. Give it a rest lads hey, have we really no imagination in here?