October 20, 2019, 10:25:05 AM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 57825 times)

January 04, 2019, 01:44:15 AM
Reply #285

dangermouse

We've spent the requisite money you would need to get anywhere near there. The fact we've done it badly in the main, both in hiring and purchasing, is the reason we're nowhere near but the statement of intent was there.

We haven’t really. In the last couple of years we’ve brought in players that a few years ago would of cost us  maybe 100m, you can’t really gauge anything on recent fees. The best clubs are still spending £100m on one player.

We are still miles off having the money to compete with the top 6

Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 04, 2019, 04:22:17 AM
Reply #286

KoemansNumberTens

We haven’t really. In the last couple of years we’ve brought in players that a few years ago would of cost us  maybe 100m, you can’t really gauge anything on recent fees. The best clubs are still spending £100m on one player.

We are still miles off having the money to compete with the top 6

We haven’t spent a massive amount but we’ve spent enough that if we’d got bargains rather than overpriced we could be in a very good position.

The fact that we’ve bought a 25m centre half and a 45m playmaker who are worth half that has fucked us.

We need to get more for our money instead we aren’t even close to getting market rate

January 04, 2019, 05:40:57 AM
Reply #287

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Reports in tomorrow’s press than Wanyama is available. Is he what we need? Worth a bid?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 04, 2019, 12:39:37 PM
Reply #288

BlueNoseMike

Reports in tomorrow’s press than Wanyama is available. Is he what we need? Worth a bid?

Not for me. No better than gueye except maybe grabs a couple of more goals a season. Not brilliant on the ball.

The fact that relegation fodder and even championship clubs are getting linked tells a story for me.

I'd hope that brands and his scouting team are doing better than 'Oh a top 6 team wants rid of one of their squad players, let's buy them'

January 04, 2019, 01:14:16 PM
Reply #289

Ramjam

Not for me. No better than gueye except maybe grabs a couple of more goals a season. Not brilliant on the ball.

The fact that relegation fodder and even championship clubs are getting linked tells a story for me.

I'd hope that brands and his scouting team are doing better than 'Oh a top 6 team wants rid of one of their squad players, let's buy them'
Exactly Mike, we have spent enough years and money on Man U and Arsenal rejects to go down the same path, let’s hope we’ve learned our lessons
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 04, 2019, 01:44:47 PM
Reply #290

Toddacelli

I chose to ignore the original question because it was stupid.

I don't think you can question our ambition - the board has backed the managers in the transfer window and it's now up to the managers/players to make it work on the pitch. We're clearly more progressive than we have been in recent years, but we still have areas of the first 11 that need addressing. Then after that, we need to build a squad, so we can get through busy fixture schedules as seamlessly as possible.

We're about 4 months into our new regime and before the derby, things were looking pretty rosy. After all the changes over the last 6 months, to say that we haven't shown aspirations to improve on our 8th position last year is ludicrous.

Off-pitch - I agree. Signings from Barca, new stadium, DoF with long term plan

On-pitch - I disagree. We haven't shown anything yet other than every other team in the league bar 2 or 3 probably want to play us every week.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 04, 2019, 01:47:20 PM
Reply #291

Juanito

I think so.  Has the physicality we are missing. Watford battered us at Goodison by having two strong central midfielders in the middle of the park.

January 04, 2019, 02:52:07 PM
Reply #292

Cereal Killer

Can we knock the Mitrovic shouts on the head already?

He's their captain and pretty much only striker

They are battling relegation so why would they even consider selling him?

We can't bully them financially, their owner makes poor Farhad look like a pauper

Oh, and he's not even that good

January 04, 2019, 05:17:22 PM
Reply #293

arteta4spain

Seen on the transfer centre on ssn that Chelsea are looking at Lozano. I know it was was a long shot but at £36 mill I think we should be putting a bid in. He knows he’ll definitely get game time here

January 04, 2019, 05:58:48 PM
Reply #294

Hawkandro

Brands has said €30m for Lozano is too much.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 04, 2019, 06:34:47 PM
Reply #295

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Any ITK action going on?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 04, 2019, 06:51:58 PM
Reply #296

Juanito

Although a lovely guy Bolasie has to go down as one of the worst signings ever. It was so obvious at the time that 1. We'd paid double what he worth 2. He was a show pony who flattered to deceive and didn't score or create enough. 3. Was never going to get any better.

I dont even know where to startcwith Davy.....horse shit.

When You think about it koeman was a terrible judge of players.

I thought he was our best player before he was injured. Never recovered.

January 04, 2019, 08:12:40 PM
Reply #297

stirlingblue

Any ITK action going on?

I reckon Brands will run a much tighter ship than in the past so I doubt we’ll be seeing leaks

January 04, 2019, 08:27:21 PM
Reply #298

D15TIN

Wonder if Schneiderlin will go this month, hoping so

January 04, 2019, 08:44:05 PM
Reply #299

WeimaranerBlues

I thought he was our best player before he was injured. Never recovered.
think he was but only made one assist for Ron when he bagged 3 v Sunderland. ,.  Results actually got better straight after his injury.  Still way overpriced