July 20, 2019, 07:53:59 AM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 54913 times)

December 22, 2018, 02:39:39 AM
Read 54913 times

Thomas

Could we sign Mitrovic and Drinkwater? purely as obvious available players or players who would clearly be keen on a move....although hopefully we coukd get better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 22, 2018, 05:08:44 AM
Reply #1

Thomas

Drinkwater I would say no. Has he played a first team game this season? Mitrovic? I can see why people see him as an option and I can see why they say avoid. I'd be hoping for better than these

I agree pal, these are (as I THINK you understood) merely prototypes for the kind of player we need. Mitrovic would be a good squad player or at least a deadline day 'oh fuck we need cover'. He's basic but sometimes that's worked for us e.g. Jelavic. What we'd do for an Andy Johnson right now and i say that as somebody who didn't like his style of play running down the channels at all (I prefered Yakubu).

As for Drinkwater, he could possibly just be another Schenderlin and I don't want another of those. But we'd be so much better as a team if we had a cut price Pirlo type player playinng DM who could spot a pass and even (like Kante) chip in with a goal. Who plays DM

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 22, 2018, 05:37:31 AM
Reply #2

Thomas

Drinkwater??

Fucking hell.

Yes. Drinkwater, who won the league and looked as good as Kante that year. Fucking Hell.

Says Mr Tom Davies lover.

December 22, 2018, 04:33:40 PM
Reply #3

Thomas

Life's too short and complicated to have this discussion with you Thomas, about Danny Drinkwater of all people. Have a nice Christmas.
Danny Drinkwater is a good midfield player. Is he better than Gana? Yes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 25, 2018, 12:38:38 AM
Reply #4

Thomas

Seeing what we where like without Gana only reaffirms my belief we need Drinkwater.

The funny thing is the people saying 'exposed without gana' are the same peopole who laugh off my Drinkwater suggestion like @Bluedylan

December 25, 2018, 12:58:49 AM
Reply #5

Thomas

Drinkwater had a really good season, but there's been lots of 1 season wonders. I suspect Chelsea would want their money back on him and I don't know if he's worth the gamble? If you got the Leicester Drinkwater, maybe, but he hasn't played for 18 months really

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Fair point mate. We still need a Phil Nevile/Carsley type in there for me though someone with influence who can maybe play a little but is also a good water carrier and at putting out fires

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

January 03, 2019, 12:19:57 PM
Reply #6

Thomas

Wouldn't mind us getting a player towards the end of his career to play up top. Not much resale value, if any, but a shitload of experience to work with the talented players we have who need a player with knowhow to play off. I don't follow much football outside of us so haven't got any names in mind but I'm sure our FM posters can reel some off.

I was thinking this when I saw Troy Deeney then I remembered Ashley Williams being shite....

January 03, 2019, 12:20:08 PM
Reply #7

Thomas

January 03, 2019, 12:21:14 PM
Reply #8

Thomas

Im very sceptical DCL would have much of a goal scoring record in the championship. At 18m Abraham is worth a punt and wed get most of it back from a championship club if he failed anyway

Rodgers wanted Abraham at Celtic and I think he is a capable player.

January 03, 2019, 12:24:37 PM
Reply #9

Thomas

I got loads of stick on here after Gomes' first few games when I said I wasn't sure what he brings to the team.

He's obviously very technically gifted and looks great on the eye but doesn't actually achieve that much.

Defensively he's lax, I'd say that the much maligned Schniederlin is better than him in that department. Offensively he's good at dribbling out of pressure but as good as his passes may look, they're mostly just into the feet of the fullbacks and don't create anything.

There was a stats article doing the rounds last year showing that although he has good pass accuracy, he has a tiny amount of key and forward passes. Even in his best season at Valencia he only got three assists.

I really hope that we don't blow big money on him, as we need somebody more creative in that role if we're going to stick with 4-2-3-1.

Not sure about that lad but that was an interesting/thoughtful post anyway, I'll wise up next time i watch him.

PROPER Central Midfielders who can go defend as well as go forward and operate in a deep lying role are rare as fuck these days, its why i admired Pirlo so much for dictating the play.

January 03, 2019, 12:26:57 PM
Reply #10

Thomas

Dont think well get a proven prem goal scorer to be honest, have to wait and see what brands has planned. Doubt well be going for Theo Walcott style proven players.

This is my point is that if we want a stone wall premier league goalscorer our selection is going to be limited i.e Glenn Murray or Defoe or something mad like that. I'm being facetious but you see my point.

January 03, 2019, 05:28:08 PM
Reply #11

Thomas

We need a Michael Ballack type CM. Someone who just sits there and dictates the play. Or someone who can lie deep and spread the ball about the park like Pirlo did.

I suppose I can dream on.

January 05, 2019, 03:32:17 AM
Reply #12

Thomas

How dare you!

Nathan Ake - 20m
Jordan Ibe - 16m
Benik Afobe - 12m
Asmir Begovic - 10m
Tyrone Mings - 10m
Max Gradel - 9m
Lewis Grabban - 8.5m
Lee Tomlin - 4m

All money well spent!  :snigger:

I Like Ake. Good player with potential.

January 11, 2019, 06:50:03 PM
Reply #13

Thomas

Yeah, we were quite explicit in the "younger kids on less wages from now on" mantra.

Similarly the "We're not buying anybody in January unless it is to replace a 1st teamer we can't persuade to stay" means all these links are bollocks.

The structure is based around having a head coach to develop players.

So lets allow him to get that right first before introducing new faces.