June 26, 2019, 07:46:59 PM

Author Topic: Holgate to West Brom  (Read 3018 times)

December 31, 2018, 11:49:54 PM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Did I say my prediction was exclusive pal ,the fact Dowell went on loan was exactly what I was on about.

Big shout that Mirallas one. Id be more impressed if people hadn’t been saying this for 2 years prior to you flexing your oracle skills lolol

January 01, 2019, 12:10:11 AM
Reply #31

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Did I say my prediction was exclusive pal ,the fact Dowell went on loan was exactly what I was on about.

Eh?

He went on loan at the start of the season as he had no chance of getting games because we’d signed three players who all play in his position.

It’s hardly a shout worth bringing up 18 months later.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 01, 2019, 03:41:58 AM
Reply #32

Evertonian in NC

Seems like the loan is a way to see if Holgate can kick on as a RB.  I am quite skeptical it will work, but worth a try with our glaring weakness there, and strength at CB.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 01, 2019, 04:10:56 AM
Reply #33

Mayor Farnum

Who was the last Everton player to come back from a loan and push on? I think we're loaning most of these as no-one is prepared to buy them outright.

January 01, 2019, 04:19:16 AM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Last season I said after three games that Dowell .Mirallas and Baines wouldn't play much for the season and was slated because only three games had been played ,I was right , although it was more down to a Baines injury than us signing the player we obviously needed .

Well today as a good bye to 2018 I am going to forecast that Bernard and Mina will not make the grade at Everton .

Helmet on and ready for bed, Best wishes to all for the New Year .

Beg to differ, Bernard and Mina will both come good but Davies will either be out on loan or occasional bench warmer.

January 01, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
Reply #35

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Who was the last Everton player to come back from a loan and push on? I think we're loaning most of these as no-one is prepared to buy them outright.

coleman?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 01, 2019, 04:35:14 AM
Reply #36

Mayor Farnum

coleman?

Good shout! Few and far between though.

January 01, 2019, 04:35:35 AM
Reply #37

Outworlder47

Barkley did pretty well after coming back from Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds (which was a disaster). Before that, Coleman.

January 01, 2019, 04:44:04 AM
Reply #38

Dr. Sponge

Going to be a big player for us next season.

- Shogun

He’ll be like a new signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 01, 2019, 05:31:22 AM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Only two I can remember are Osman and Coleman

Both quite old as well in terms of being labelled a ‘youngster’

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 01, 2019, 10:39:50 AM
Reply #40

blue1948

Big shout that Mirallas one. Id be more impressed if people hadn’t been saying this for 2 years prior to you flexing your oracle skills lolol
The point was not my prowess in forecasting their fates but that I was slagged off because it was only three games into the season .

January 01, 2019, 12:03:06 PM
Reply #41

Mac934

Loanees to come back and push on, how about a a certain Mr Neville Southall. He did pretty good on his return from loan!

January 01, 2019, 10:18:14 PM
Reply #42

Hesmenos

Kenny, Lookman?
Holgate's position means that he is unlikely to be given sub appearances unless someone gets injured. So he will either have to replace 2 out of Keane/Mina/Zouma as a starter or try and get a good long run on loan. I don't think we're trying to get rid but it will do nothing for his progression to just be sitting around not playing.

January 05, 2019, 07:10:12 PM
Reply #43

mikey_blue

Playing right back today for wba. Hopefully he’s not used there all season.

January 07, 2019, 07:35:28 PM
Reply #44

KoemansNumberTens

I think there’s an argument that our youth system makes quite a lot of decent professionals but not much of real quality that could elovate us. We’ve had an underwhelming Ross Barkley in almost 20 years after Rooney. Who was the last top quality player before Rooney.