October 15, 2019, 06:05:47 PM

Author Topic: [News]Time to drop ship Walcott out with Tosun?  (Read 4795 times)

January 02, 2019, 06:45:44 PM
Reply #15

Thornton_19

I really dont get the visceral hate for Davies at times from some fans.
He is what he is. 20 year old CM learning his trade, plays inconsistently but id bet he isnt on much money.

Koeman, Unsworth, Alladyce and Silva have all trusted him and played him so he mustn't be the black hole of a player some suggest.
Everton fans love to hate one of their own.

January 02, 2019, 06:58:09 PM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

Ship 'em both out, Walcott and Tosun

Hand Walcott's lifeboat to Lookman and it's sink or swim, Mola

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 02, 2019, 09:26:55 PM
Reply #17

JordanianEmbassy

Whats a drop ship? :)

Is it like a drop kick, but with a ship?

January 02, 2019, 09:47:26 PM
Reply #18

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Tosun hasn't been given any sort of run, so you can't fault the guy when he comes on with 5 minutes to go and does nothing.

Walcott on the other hand has been extremely mediocre. He is struggling to create without a firing Coleman, and he doesn't have long left before Lookman/Bernard takes his place.

January 02, 2019, 10:09:47 PM
Reply #19

BlueForYou

Drop shipping is where a store does not stock the products it sells

We have Walcott and Tosun in stock, one on display and one stored

Drop anchor, on the other hand, could mean "to ditch" and we could ditch 'em
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 02, 2019, 10:16:17 PM
Reply #20

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Whats a drop ship? :)

Is it like a drop kick, but with a ship?

Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product.

Kinda like Chelsea's transfer policy then

January 02, 2019, 11:14:15 PM
Reply #21

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I really dont get the visceral hate for Davies at times from some fans.
He is what he is. 20 year old CM learning his trade, plays inconsistently but id bet he isnt on much money.

Koeman, Unsworth, Alladyce and Silva have all trusted him and played him so he mustn't be the black hole of a player some suggest.
Everton fans love to hate one of their own.

I don’t hate Davies, I don’t hate any Everton player but the hatred and vitriol that was being spouted on the Leicester match thread, 20 odd shouts of hatred and “fuck off Walcott” was grossly disproportionate to the comments that any other under performing player got and he was by far not the worse player on the pitch. I raise the topic of Davies occasionally because I really think he gets a free pass every time he has a bad or mediocre game, I don’t see the criticism of him much on here, just looking for a bit of balance.
I hope and am sure that Davies will fulfill his potential, seems like a nice lad as well but cut some of the other player like Walcott and Bernard ( currently getting slated a lot on here) a bit of slack.

January 02, 2019, 11:24:59 PM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t hate Davies, I don’t hate any Everton player but the hatred and vitriol that was being spouted on the Leicester match thread, 20 odd shouts of hatred and “fuck off Walcott” was grossly disproportionate to the comments that any other under performing player got and he was by far not the worse player on the pitch. I raise the topic of Davies occasionally because I really think he gets a free pass every time he has a bad or mediocre game, I don’t see the criticism of him much on here, just looking for a bit of balance.
I hope and am sure that Davies will fulfill his potential, seems like a nice lad as well but cut some of the other player like Walcott and Bernard ( currently getting slated a lot on here) a bit of slack.

You’re so wide of the mark here with the Davies shout.

Mate, he can’t even play a simple five yard pass without getting shite.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 02, 2019, 11:27:14 PM
Reply #23

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2019, 11:49:27 PM
Reply #24

Stumpy

Walcott has been exactly as I thought he would be,a big disappointment.He produces one good game in 8 or 9 gives fans hope then goes back to what he really is,a poor finisher and a winger with no end product.Also add in the fact that his work rate is suspect,epitomised with his ambling back and  watching martial curl in that 2nd goal for united.Sorry it's gone exactly how I thought it would.

January 03, 2019, 12:15:56 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator

Think you're exaggerating a bit here. There was nothing like 20 odd shouts of "hatred and vitriol" aimed at Walcott, criticism yes but there's a difference between that and "hatred", and Davies gets nothing like a free ride on here or probably anywhere else. But one's a 20 year old just learning his trade while the other is a 29 year old, 13 season veteran with more than 300 Premier League appearances who has been less than impressive this season and people are rightly questioning why he still gets picked. You've never rated Davies and that's fair enough but the two situations aren't really comparable and not nearly as extreme as you're making out.

January 03, 2019, 12:26:11 AM
Reply #26

Gash

Global Moderator
With regards to Tosun I can only imagine he looks pretty shit in training. He's never getting up to speed getting 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there or getting thrown on for 7 minutes while we're getting handed our arse by Spurs.

If we don't get rid of him in January (which seems unlikely if there's no one coming in) then I think there's a case to give him a run of starts and see how he gets on.

January 03, 2019, 12:51:56 AM
Reply #27

NickNack

I’d keep both for now. I think Walcott is just badly out of form - he’s clearly a better player than his recent performances. He certainly needs leaving out of the team for now but he could still return to some kind of form and do a job for us. I’d keep Tosun as well - 6 starts this season and 2 goals so 1 in 3. I think he’s more worthy of a run in the side than DCL who statistically has a much worse strike rate.

If we’re only going to sign one player in January I’d prefer it was a midfielder capable of allowing us to play a 4 3 3, and try for a decent CF & other positions we need in the summer

January 03, 2019, 01:31:44 AM
Reply #28

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think you're exaggerating a bit here. There was nothing like 20 odd shouts of "hatred and vitriol" aimed at Walcott, criticism yes but there's a difference between that and "hatred", and Davies gets nothing like a free ride on here or probably anywhere else. But one's a 20 year old just learning his trade while the other is a 29 year old, 13 season veteran with more than 300 Premier League appearances who has been less than impressive this season and people are rightly questioning why he still gets picked. You've never rated Davies and that's fair enough but the two situations aren't really comparable and not nearly as extreme as you're making out.

Hard to argue with the voice of reason and I guess I have been too harsh on Davies but only subconsciously in an attempt to deflect the negativity toward Walcott who I believe would/will do much better with a striker who can finish. People may be questioning why he still gets picked but I believe that the person who knows tat best is the person that sees him on the training ground every day and I am not prepared to write Silva off just yet. Ram, take your point too.

January 03, 2019, 08:30:13 AM
Reply #29

Thomas

Looks like it, maybe if he grew his hair long and rolled his socks down people would be more forgiving of poor performance, seems to work for TD who has made zero contribution this season yet escapes all criticism on here.

This.