June 20, 2019, 09:09:18 AM

Author Topic: [News]Time to drop ship Walcott out with Tosun?  (Read 4300 times)

January 03, 2019, 10:33:56 AM
Reply #30

blueski

Think Walcott just needs to be dropped for a few games myself; its a squad game and he's not a bad squad player with the possibility to be very good on his day. The talent's there and the pace and technical skill; maybe he's just been allowed to get away with too many mediochre performances with no consequence whatsoever. Like this post - pretty sure I spelled mediochre wrong but will I be banned for that ? no I'll still be back on tomorrow and can spell anything however I like
Nil Satis

January 04, 2019, 01:14:26 AM
Reply #31

eyesalwaysblue

Think Walcott just needs to be dropped for a few games myself; its a squad game and he's not a bad squad player with the possibility to be very good on his day. The talent's there and the pace and technical skill; maybe he's just been allowed to get away with too many mediochre performances with no consequence whatsoever. Like this post - pretty sure I spelled mediochre wrong but will I be banned for that ? no I'll still be back on tomorrow and can spell anything however I like
He's always had the basics to be way more than mediochre, just not the work rate/ethic/desire..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 04, 2019, 01:34:07 AM
Reply #32

gizzblue

He's always had the basics to be way more than mediochre, just not the work rate/ethic/desire..

England has had an abundance of these over the years ....  Wright Philips ,Lennon , Wallcot  to name a few ..all cut from the run fast do fuck all with the ball cloth .
Born not made a blue .

January 04, 2019, 01:42:14 AM
Reply #33

eyesalwaysblue

England has had an abundance of these over the years ....  Wright Philips ,Lennon , Wallcot  to name a few ..all cut from the run fast do fuck all with the ball cloth .
I'd have Lennon over Walcott if only because he could be bothered to track back and help out when needed, big surprise is how people are surprised how shit Walcott's been when he's over 10 years of the same under his belt.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 04, 2019, 02:55:01 AM
Reply #34

SANA_DR0

Half of the problem for Seamus at the moment is the lack of cover when he goes forward. Walcott is useless at covering the full back, makes no effort when he loses the ball and is a liability. His attacking play is also poor, loses the ball too much. Get rid now.

How comes Kenny didn't have that issue? I Love Coleman as much as the next EvertonianÖ but its time for Coleman to step down, he doesn't go at the bi line/take anyone on anymore, he hardly ever crosses it, he runs, stops passes backwards...
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 04, 2019, 03:07:44 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

I don’t hate Davies, I don’t hate any Everton player but the hatred and vitriol that was being spouted on the Leicester match thread, 20 odd shouts of hatred and “fuck off Walcott” was grossly disproportionate to the comments that any other under performing player got and he was by far not the worse player on the pitch. I raise the topic of Davies occasionally because I really think he gets a free pass every time he has a bad or mediocre game, I don’t see the criticism of him much on here, just looking for a bit of balance.
I hope and am sure that Davies will fulfill his potential, seems like a nice lad as well but cut some of the other player like Walcott and Bernard ( currently getting slated a lot on here) a bit of slack.

Bit of a strange view. Asking why we don't slate one player as much as we do another and asking for some balance? Weird how you would actually want one of our players to get more stick than he currently gets.

January 04, 2019, 06:10:57 PM
Reply #36

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of a strange view. Asking why we don't slate one player as much as we do another and asking for some balance? Weird how you would actually want one of our players to get more stick than he currently gets.

How strange your mind must work ? I suggest balance in that Walcott should not be slated more than Davies, you interpret that as me saying Davies should get more stick, weird how you would think that ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:12:10 PM by Escla »

January 04, 2019, 11:01:56 PM
Reply #37

BlueWool

Attitude. I canít blame a player for their level of skill. Davies cares. Walcott looks like heís serving out a prison sentence.

January 11, 2019, 05:22:43 PM
Reply #38

Thomas

I agree with @Gash his stats are his stats and they are dissapointing.

However Theo is a proven premier league player and has that quality and I think/hope he can bounce back.

If I'm wrong, cool. Gylfi will be the same.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 11, 2019, 05:24:20 PM
Reply #39

Thomas

I really dont get the visceral hate for Davies at times from some fans.
He is what he is. 20 year old CM learning his trade, plays inconsistently but id bet he isnt on much money.

Koeman, Unsworth, Alladyce and Silva have all trusted him and played him so he mustn't be the black hole of a player some suggest.
Everton fans love to hate one of their own.

Its about Premier League Football not being his level, his atrocious passing, headless chicken style of play and most of all the fact far better players get more shit than him.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 11, 2019, 05:25:34 PM
Reply #40

Thomas

Attitude. I canít blame a player for their level of skill. Davies cares. Walcott looks like heís serving out a prison sentence.
Everton is a cosy, family club to get a good pay day and wind down a career. Play well occasionally and all is fine.

See Saha, Neville, Walcott, Barry and probably a few others I have forgotten.

January 13, 2019, 10:16:55 PM
Reply #41

Toffee_4_Life

Has to be Lookman starting going forward now, MOTM today.

Even when Walcott came on for the last 10 he didn't track back and repeatedly lost his man on the overlap. No coincidence we looked more shaky at the back once he came on. No effort, no desire, no room for him in the starting 11

January 13, 2019, 11:11:34 PM
Reply #42

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Is not say Lookman has done enough to start from now on. But heís certainly done enough the last two games to start the next game for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 13, 2019, 11:25:41 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

Is not say Lookman has done enough to start from now on. But he’s certainly done enough the last two games to start the next game for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He's done enough to start the next half dozen. Got to give him a run and some confidence. It achieves nothing to keep plugging away with a guy who is out of form and whose best days are behind him.

January 13, 2019, 11:31:58 PM
Reply #44

Gary1878

He's done enough to start the next half dozen. Got to give him a run and some confidence. It achieves nothing to keep plugging away with a guy who is out of form and whose best days are behind him.

Completely agree. Lookman was great and deserves a run now, regardless of how he performs in his next game. You have to give players a chance to step it up and take their career to the next level.