October 15, 2019, 03:56:08 AM

Author Topic: [News]Time to drop ship Walcott out with Tosun?  (Read 4788 times)

January 14, 2019, 12:01:34 AM
Reply #45

Waltzer

Completely agree. Lookman was great and deserves a run now, regardless of how he performs in his next game. You have to give players a chance to step it up and take their career to the next level.
Thought Lookman did well in flashes, must've been 15 minutes at the beginning of the second half where he didn't touch the ball, that said, I think he deserves a run off games to see what he can do.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 14, 2019, 01:21:25 PM
Reply #46

Morta75

For the right price I would get these 2 out along with Niasse and Schneiderlin... Not sure who to replace them with! Should bring in around 60-70 mil. for all 4

January 14, 2019, 09:30:25 PM
Reply #47

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I know I'm going to get slated for what I'm about to write because I'm not articulate enough to express myself properly and it's going to be taken in the wrong way.

For me, when I watch Lookman play I see parallels with Ronaldo.

Not that they are particularly similar players, or that I think Lookman will ever be even remotely close to as good as Cristiano.

But there's some of the same excitement when he gets on the ball as there was when Ronaldo first came to the Premier League.

Full of tricks, a nightmare to play against, and an abundance of talent that's not quite yet being properly channeled in the right direction.

With the right coaching, opportunities and, above all, the right mindset, this kid could be something really special.

Reckon I'm as excited to see what an Everton player might become as I've been since the early days of Barkley (and, for a very brief period, Deulofeu).

January 14, 2019, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #48

GoodisonPk

I know I'm going to get slated for what I'm about to write because I'm not articulate enough to express myself properly and it's going to be taken in the wrong way.

Not that they are particularly similar players, or that I think Lookman will ever be even remotely close to as good as Cristiano.

But there's some of the same excitement when he gets on the ball as there was when Ronaldo first came to the Premier League.

Full of tricks, a nightmare to play against, and an abundance of talent that's not quite yet being properly channeled in the right direction.

With the right coaching, opportunities and, above all, the right mindset, this kid could be something really special.

Reckon I'm as excited to see what an Everton player might become as I've been since the early days of Barkley (and, for a very brief period, Deulofeu).

Except Ronaldo was assisting and popping them in for fun. But I like lookman a lot.

January 14, 2019, 11:10:00 PM
Reply #49

eugene

Donít think your very far off the mark mate

January 15, 2019, 05:01:49 PM
Reply #50

UnsyisaRhino

Its about Premier League Football not being his level, his atrocious passing, headless chicken style of play and most of all the fact far better players get more shit than him.

So harsh. His passing got worse with the destruction of his and the teams confidence.

I feel like the passes he's screwing up at the moment are the right ones, and passes he was making when he first broke through.

Right now he's in the same groove as siggy, they are almost trying to hard and forcing things, getting it wrong as a result

January 15, 2019, 05:06:36 PM
Reply #51

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Its about Premier League Football not being his level, his atrocious passing, headless chicken style of play and most of all the fact far better players get more shit than him.

Could you name me one of those far better players that get more shit than him ?

January 15, 2019, 05:12:29 PM
Reply #52

everton1952

To answer the thread question, yes certainly ship Tosun out but I would get Schneiderlin and Niasse out before Walcott.  Walcott can go next close season if he does not pick up between now and May.

January 18, 2019, 08:06:55 PM
Reply #53

Thomas

Could you name me one of those far better players that get more shit than him ?

Walcott, Sigurdsson, Keane, occasionally Coleman and in the past Stones and Barkley.

January 18, 2019, 08:12:24 PM
Reply #54

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott, Sigurdsson, Keane, occasionally Coleman and in the past Stones and Barkley.

So Walcott gets more shit than Walcott , O.k. ? I donít accept that either Sigurdsson or Keane get more shit than Walcott and neither Stones nor Barkley are Everton players.

January 18, 2019, 09:15:51 PM
Reply #55

TheTone

Get into the mad Everton shouts thread you

January 18, 2019, 09:17:21 PM
Reply #56

Mayor Farnum

So Walcott gets more shit than Walcott , O.k. ? I donít accept that either Sigurdsson or Keane get more shit than Walcott and neither Stones nor Barkley are Everton players.

You think it might be a contributing factor in why Barkley and Stones are no longer Everton players?
Something clever written by someone else.

January 19, 2019, 12:34:53 AM
Reply #57

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You think it might be a contributing factor in why Barkley and Stones are no longer Everton players?

Barkley and Stones only got more shit once they had downed tools for us and started to manipulate a transfer out, especially Barkley who screwed us out of a decent transfer fee.

January 19, 2019, 07:57:02 AM
Reply #58

Thomas

I was asked about Tom Davies bud in the context of him getting less shit than Walcott who is clearly a better player.

January 19, 2019, 01:03:55 PM
Reply #59

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I was asked about Tom Davies bud in the context of him getting less shit than Walcott who is clearly a better player.

My mistake, thought you were talking about Walcott as the title says.