October 17, 2019, 10:19:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]Time to drop ship Walcott out with Tosun?  (Read 4812 times)

January 02, 2019, 12:18:36 PM
Read 4812 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Is this a bid to erase all trace of Big Sam ever being with us?

Looks like it, maybe if he grew his hair long and rolled his socks down people would be more forgiving of poor performance, seems to work for TD who has made zero contribution this season yet escapes all criticism on here.

January 02, 2019, 03:50:00 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Heís hardly fucking played you mentalist

He started as captain on two occasions and contributed fuck all, on every other occasion that he came on as a sub his contribution was a series of back passes, side passes and mis timed passes, thereís a reason he doesnít get game time now you mentalist.

January 02, 2019, 06:03:38 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Genuine question, what do you see in Walcott that makes you constantly dig at people when they have a go at him? I was happy when we signed him but in general he's been a real disappointment since he came. Three goals and two assists from 19 starts this season is pretty poor. Even yesterday he started quite brightly then disappeared after 15 minutes.

We got him for reasonable money but regardless of what Allardyce will tell people his two signings have been pretty uninspiring.

You state some valid facts and just to say I would not have called Brad a mentalist had he not started the name calling. I too was delighted when we signed him and just donít feel easy with what  appears to be a gathering mob mentality, maybe his assists would be much better, his main job, and probably will be much better when we have a striker in the box to finish it off, I really just donít want to write him off too soon.

January 02, 2019, 11:14:15 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I really dont get the visceral hate for Davies at times from some fans.
He is what he is. 20 year old CM learning his trade, plays inconsistently but id bet he isnt on much money.

Koeman, Unsworth, Alladyce and Silva have all trusted him and played him so he mustn't be the black hole of a player some suggest.
Everton fans love to hate one of their own.

I donít hate Davies, I donít hate any Everton player but the hatred and vitriol that was being spouted on the Leicester match thread, 20 odd shouts of hatred and ďfuck off WalcottĒ was grossly disproportionate to the comments that any other under performing player got and he was by far not the worse player on the pitch. I raise the topic of Davies occasionally because I really think he gets a free pass every time he has a bad or mediocre game, I donít see the criticism of him much on here, just looking for a bit of balance.
I hope and am sure that Davies will fulfill his potential, seems like a nice lad as well but cut some of the other player like Walcott and Bernard ( currently getting slated a lot on here) a bit of slack.

January 03, 2019, 01:31:44 AM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think you're exaggerating a bit here. There was nothing like 20 odd shouts of "hatred and vitriol" aimed at Walcott, criticism yes but there's a difference between that and "hatred", and Davies gets nothing like a free ride on here or probably anywhere else. But one's a 20 year old just learning his trade while the other is a 29 year old, 13 season veteran with more than 300 Premier League appearances who has been less than impressive this season and people are rightly questioning why he still gets picked. You've never rated Davies and that's fair enough but the two situations aren't really comparable and not nearly as extreme as you're making out.

Hard to argue with the voice of reason and I guess I have been too harsh on Davies but only subconsciously in an attempt to deflect the negativity toward Walcott who I believe would/will do much better with a striker who can finish. People may be questioning why he still gets picked but I believe that the person who knows tat best is the person that sees him on the training ground every day and I am not prepared to write Silva off just yet. Ram, take your point too.

January 04, 2019, 06:10:57 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of a strange view. Asking why we don't slate one player as much as we do another and asking for some balance? Weird how you would actually want one of our players to get more stick than he currently gets.

How strange your mind must work ? I suggest balance in that Walcott should not be slated more than Davies, you interpret that as me saying Davies should get more stick, weird how you would think that ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:12:10 PM by Escla »

January 15, 2019, 05:06:36 PM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Its about Premier League Football not being his level, his atrocious passing, headless chicken style of play and most of all the fact far better players get more shit than him.

Could you name me one of those far better players that get more shit than him ?

January 18, 2019, 08:12:24 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott, Sigurdsson, Keane, occasionally Coleman and in the past Stones and Barkley.

So Walcott gets more shit than Walcott , O.k. ? I donít accept that either Sigurdsson or Keane get more shit than Walcott and neither Stones nor Barkley are Everton players.

January 19, 2019, 12:34:53 AM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You think it might be a contributing factor in why Barkley and Stones are no longer Everton players?

Barkley and Stones only got more shit once they had downed tools for us and started to manipulate a transfer out, especially Barkley who screwed us out of a decent transfer fee.

January 19, 2019, 01:03:55 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I was asked about Tom Davies bud in the context of him getting less shit than Walcott who is clearly a better player.

My mistake, thought you were talking about Walcott as the title says.