July 20, 2019, 08:19:18 AM

Author Topic: Why did you choose to support Everton  (Read 3715 times)

January 02, 2019, 04:10:17 PM
Read 3715 times

eyesalwaysblue

Family goes back to 1870 in Everton district on me old fella's side, but me mum's side were Bootle area reds, so i could have gone red but it never crossed me mind..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
Reply #1

eyesalwaysblue

My dad has been going to the match since he was a nipper. So ultimately it wasnt a choice for me. However, when i was about 6/7 i decided i would support Liverpool. HAHA probably just to be difficult. My poor dad.

Anyway he started to take me to Everton games when i was about 7/8, and i remember cheering when Liverpool were winning (when they said the half time scores)

I slowly started to love Everton though, even though we were shit. I remember McAlisters free kick, it felt like someone had shot me :( i remember Carsleys goal, and feeling like i could fly. I remember Rooneys first goal and when he picked the ball up, my dad leaning in to me and saying, 'just watch, he is going to put this in the top corner' and i looked at my dad in awe as we celebrated.

I just naturally went back to Everton. They are the love of my life unfortunately. My dad is my hero and i cherish all those years we went the game. Every weekend just me and my dad, so special.

Iv'e got post Chrimbo depression and you just made me sob...

January 02, 2019, 04:50:09 PM
Reply #2

eyesalwaysblue

I like pain, suffering and embarrassment  ;D
But the days in the sun are sweeter.