August 21, 2019, 10:02:53 AM

Author Topic: Why did you choose to support Everton  (Read 3801 times)

January 04, 2019, 02:11:41 PM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dadís side are blues thankfully, but I didnít really know any lad cousins or uncles or grandads from that side (dead or distant) so it was just me, my dad and two brothers with all my other cousins reds.

Sacked it off for a few years in my early teens when I was more interested in skateboarding and trying to finger girls, but I always always always hated Liverpool.

I like all the stories from far-flung folks. Keep flying the flag lads and ladies.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 04, 2019, 02:22:14 PM
Reply #61

TheTone

Dadís side are blues thankfully, but I didnít really know any lad cousins or uncles or grandads from that side (dead or distant) so it was just me, my dad and two brothers with all my other cousins reds.

Sacked it off for a few years in my early teens when I was more interested in skateboarding and trying to finger girls, but I always always always hated Liverpool.

I like all the stories from far-flung folks. Keep flying the flag lads and ladies.

is right the fingering  lolol

January 04, 2019, 09:49:16 PM
Reply #62

blue1948

You seem a nice enough person but sadly your aim was a little wanting when you were skateboarding .I am sure if you would have tried a 360 hardflip you might had a better time .

As a scouser a grind would have been top of the list .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:50:45 PM by blue1948 »

January 05, 2019, 03:43:19 PM
Reply #63

tractor

I support Everton from the 1984/1985 season ... ;D

January 05, 2019, 06:09:29 PM
Reply #64

Redartin

You tell me why l chose Everton.

No family connections to Liverpool whatsoever.
In fact l grew up in a village where Gaelic football dominated and soccer was almost a bad word.
As the troubles kicked off, and soldiers arrived on the scene, l was surrounded by a very toxic anti Brit environment. Anyone else who followed soccer supported Celtic, but only because there was a Catholic Prod thing going on with Rangers, fuck all to do with football.

The first match l remember seeing them play was the 1968 FA Cup final, which they lost. (I was 9 and gutted, a feeling l got used to as the years went by). I used to watch The Big Match on a Sunday on a black and white tv and l remember they were on one week and scored 7 goals against Leicester. That was around '68 too and I've followed them since, against all the odds.

January 06, 2019, 04:48:21 AM
Reply #65

Everton Mint

Simple for me - my dad was a Blue and the first match he took me to we won 8-0. Could never be anything else !

Saw some great days in the 80's, '95 Cup, and even under Moyesie.

But now any chance of success just seems to be always out of reach. Most disillusioned I've ever been.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 06, 2019, 05:38:58 PM
Reply #66

Dr. Sponge

The first footy kit I can remember wearing as a little kid was red. I asked my mum and Dad about it but they couldn't remember what it was. So it bugged me for years that I could possibly have once been a kopite.

But in my nan's a few years ago I found an old photo of me as a toddler in a red Swindon kit. Happiest moment of my life.

So anyway, since the age of 6 I suppose I've been a blue. My mum's dad was a blue and my dad didn't follow footy but his 9 siblings are all blues, one of which started taking me the game. Lower Gwladys. Never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 06, 2019, 09:18:39 PM
Reply #67

di_guyo

Sacked it off for a few years in my early teens when I was more interested in skateboarding and trying to finger girls , but I always always always hated Liverpool.

I hope not at the same time!
Everton & Atleti

January 06, 2019, 11:46:49 PM
Reply #68

Chrisknms

Alan Ball.  I had flaming red hair when I was a kid, just like him, and what a player he was.

I was born in Oldham, went to Oldham, Man U and Man City matches - Didn't get them.

Then to Everton.  - First game Everton 7 - Leicester 1  - Saturday 30 November 1968.

Game over!

Check out the team on that day. Who wouldn't fall for them?

H Catterick (Manager)

(Scorers)
J Royle 17', 60', 68',  A Ball 24',  G Humphreys 34',
J Hurst 56',  J Husband 90' (pen)

G West
T Wright
S Brown
H Kendall
B Labone
C Harvey
J Husband
A Ball
J Royle
J Hurst
G Humphreys

January 07, 2019, 12:05:13 AM
Reply #69

youngysenior

It was 1965 and I was 10yrs old living in Golborne. We used to play footie everyday on the park then one day I went to Goodison with my mate and his dad. God forbid!! We could have gone to Analfield.

Sent from my SM-G965F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 07, 2019, 04:00:59 AM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hope not at the same time!

I was good, but I wasnít that bloody good.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.