August 21, 2019, 06:12:15 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Lincoln FA Cup 3rd Round - Saturday 3pm KO  (Read 10153 times)

January 02, 2019, 09:11:28 PM
Read 10153 times

D15TIN

Our only chance to save this season is a cup run in this, hopefully a comfortable win on Saturday will see an upturn in form in the league, tough to pick an XI, ideally some need a rest, but also need some confidence.

Tougher game than some might expect this, it's a total free hit for them, theyre flying at the top of League two and bring 5000 fans with them on Saturday, probably fancy themselves with our current form too

Pickford

Coleman
Mina
Zouma
Baines

Gana
Davies
baningime/mccarthy
Lookman
Bernard

Tosun/DCL

Gomes needs a rest, Digne has played all through Christmas, Sigurdsson and richarlison need a week out, and hopefully rediscover some form in the next league game

January 02, 2019, 09:28:33 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
Heíll make changes and weíll go out.
I never claimed to be a saint

January 02, 2019, 09:30:16 PM
Reply #2

JordanianEmbassy

We need to win this, and should treat it just as seriously as any premiership game. The last thing we should be doing is massively changing the side. We've made this mistake in the League cup every season for as long as I can remember, and it never works for us.

Strongest team out unless anyone is seriously fatigued or injured.

January 02, 2019, 09:34:06 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

We need to win this, and should treat it just as seriously as any premiership game. The last thing we should be doing is massively changing the side. We've made this mistake in the League cup every season for as long as I can remember, and it never works for us.

Strongest team out unless anyone is seriously fatigued or injured.

Most of the first 11 look fatigued at the moment.

January 02, 2019, 09:34:47 PM
Reply #4

D15TIN

He’ll make changes and we’ll go out.
I don't think he can really afford to now with the form were in, Stekelenburg in goal would be a disaster - but I am unfortunately expecting him to start, we'd learn more from Virginia getting a start

January 02, 2019, 09:40:07 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whatís our strongest team then? Because to me we donít have one so any kind of rotation is welcome.

If silva has players in this squad who canít perform against Lincoln then they shouldnít be here.

Whatever side we put out will be better than Lincolnís so no excuses really.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 02, 2019, 09:42:57 PM
Reply #6

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I think some of the guys do need a rest. We should have more than enough to get past Lincoln with ease, and its important to rotate after a very tough Xmas period.

Gomes, Siggy, Coleman, Digne or Richarlison should not play. They need to be rested for tougher games ahead, and they all have able replacements.

Pickford

Kenny
Mina
Zouma
Baines

Walcott
Davies
Gana
Bernard

Tosun
DCL

January 02, 2019, 09:46:00 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
I think he'll bring in the likes of Davies and Schneiderlin, possibly give McCarthy a run out at some point, start Tosun and keep Kenny in as well.

We 'should' be able to make 11 changes and comfortably still win but it's the cup against lower league opposition so it's there for us to fuck up.

January 02, 2019, 09:46:22 PM
Reply #8

kramer0

GK: Pickford
RB: Coleman or Kenny
CB: Keane
CB: Mina
LB: Digne or Baines
DM: Gana
CM: Davies
AM: Bernard
RW: Walcott or Lookman
CF: Calvert-Lewin
LW: Richarlison or Lookman

January 02, 2019, 10:04:18 PM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

Lincoln are bringing about 6,000 so at least it will be a better atmosphere than yesterday.
Like to see Kenny again and Baines and Davies should have a run out .
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 02, 2019, 10:22:49 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

These will come here full of confidence, a noisy travelling set of fans and knowing we're on our arses confidence-wise. They'll run straight through players like Schneiderlin, who'll be terrified of making a mistake. I don't think this will be an easy game at all.

January 02, 2019, 10:23:52 PM
Reply #11

BlueForYou

Stek

Coleman
Mina
Zouma
Baines

Davies
Schneiderlin

Lookman
DCL
Tosun
Bernard

Bench: Virginia; Kenny; Jagielka; Gueye; Sigurdsson; Richarlison; Niasse
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 02, 2019, 11:00:12 PM
Reply #12

TheTone

could do with a rest myself like

got to be winning this at home, ffs

January 03, 2019, 12:01:43 AM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

These will come here full of confidence, a noisy travelling set of fans and knowing we're on our arses confidence-wise. They'll run straight through players like Schneiderlin, who'll be terrified of making a mistake. I don't think this will be an easy game at all.
..............didn't realise they are top of their league. Won 15 out of 25 games this season they have the winning habit albeit at a lower level. Can't under estimate these Imps.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 03, 2019, 01:05:05 AM
Reply #14

BlueForYou

Had their Cup run last year, promotion for them this year

Home banker: no nerves, no anxiety, no fatigue

No shit, brother!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick