October 18, 2019, 01:46:00 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Bournemouth  (Read 13456 times)

January 14, 2019, 04:24:31 PM
Reply #540

NickNack

Pressure is what elevates the better players from the average ones though.

I get what you're saying and we probably should cut our players a little more slack but as fans I think we, rightly or wrongly, expect to be where we always used to be, which is with the upper echelons of English football. The increased spend, relative to our recent past, has just exacerbated it.

Bournemouth, like most of the league sadly, are just happy to be here. We're caught in no mans land with maybe West Ham and Leicester. Which is why these team have such a recent high turnover of managers. Some might say because of unrealistic expectations.
Iím not sure itís as simple as just better players. I think it takes a certain mentality to respond positively to harsh criticism and even the confidence of very good players can be adversely affected if theyíre constantly being moaned at. 

Iíd never deny the right of or criticise any paying fan for voicing their disapproval but I donít think it has a positive effect on morale.

January 14, 2019, 06:24:58 PM
Reply #541

Ross

Much needed win. Time to start climbing the table with some very winnable games coming up.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 14, 2019, 06:29:22 PM
Reply #542

Free Agent

If I was a big grock and I knew I was up against a whiny kid who threw himself on the floor al the time I'd be tempted to leave a few on him too.

The best way Richarlison should treat these type of defenders is to embarrass them with his superior talent, not play their game and ruin your own team's rhythym at the same time.

Yes, like what he did to Duffy & Dunk earlier in the season