August 25, 2019, 07:49:51 AM

Author Topic: Niasse to Palace  (Read 7805 times)

January 05, 2019, 03:42:38 AM
Read 7805 times

AllyBlue14

He's probably my favourite player, gutted if he leaves.

January 17, 2019, 05:52:01 PM
Reply #1

AllyBlue14

Still gutted he's going/gone. Yeah yeah he's not a classically 'good' striker but by arse or by elbow he's good for double figures each season. I just wish we could instil half of his attitude and enthusiasm into some of the current squad (and then maybe half of their technical ability into him).

I received a signed photo for Christmas - because who needs electricity when Oumar's smile can light up a room?

January 17, 2019, 07:06:50 PM
Reply #2

AllyBlue14

I think its a little harsh on some of the other players we have, im sure they all give their all and I haven't seen anything to suggest they have bad attitudes? Yes, Niasse does have an infectious smile but you cant hide the fact hes a terrible footballer. He might get double figures but so would many others, many others would also contribute significantly more than he could ever dream of, which is where the real emphasis should be.
Personally really happy to see him go, but wish him all the best at the same time

Yeah, I don't particularly disagree. The comment about the attitude wasn't necessarily that other players had a bad attitude, just that Oumar has had to show a lot of mettle after constantly being written off and humiliated - and that, probably more than anything else, is his greatest attribute.

I pretty much agree on the other points too, although I don't think finding goal-scorers is as easy as you may suggest. If that were the case, we could've just brought in a couple and wouldn't still be trying to replace Lukaku's output.

Not necessarily the point because the system we play needs a more rounded contribution, but I still think Niasse would outscore DCL and Tosun over the course of a full season.