October 18, 2019, 01:30:34 PM

Author Topic: Niasse to Palace  (Read 8167 times)

January 05, 2019, 04:30:13 AM
Reply #45

Mayor Farnum

In a window where Solanke goes a for 19m we should be expecting to recoup our full 13.5m I reckon

That I said Id keep him until the summer. Hes no starter and clumsy and awkward and all that, but out of all our forwards hed be the one Id bring off the bench when looking for a goal. Hes shit as a footballer but has a knack for goals which are others forwards dont 
Every time he's linked with a move someone says keep him until summer/January. Well we have been doing and he's had little or no impact.
His choice looks like being Palace or Cardiff, get some money and move on.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 05, 2019, 07:07:45 AM
Reply #46

Ross

Think hes being very undervalued if he goes to another premier league club for that sort of money.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 05, 2019, 03:46:43 PM
Reply #47

Macca77

He's shit, sooner he goes the better

January 09, 2019, 02:02:43 PM
Reply #48

Morta75

January 09, 2019, 02:58:35 PM
Reply #49

eugene

He brought a smile and relief in the darkest of days, shouldn't forget that...Good Luck to him.
App hes had a clause on choice of lockers

January 10, 2019, 04:05:22 PM
Reply #50

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

He's an average impact sub. I'd sooner we try and invest in a quality, tried and tested centre forward and leave DCL and Tosun to fight over the "impact sub" position. The sooner we can get shut the better imo.

For the 30 odd million Arnautiutuueutovic is being quoted for, I'd be in there too. Can play up top or wide left/right, and has pace, strength and certainly knows where the net is. Would also weaken West Ham.

I'm just kind of hoping we have something better in the bag though. No doubt its going to be a long January.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:07:30 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

January 10, 2019, 04:17:59 PM
Reply #51

Macca77

Get excited everytime I open this thread, only to discover he's still here

January 10, 2019, 04:23:49 PM
Reply #52

BlueBeagle

The proverbial Turd that won't flush

January 10, 2019, 04:39:00 PM
Reply #53

Cereal Killer

He's an average impact sub. I'd sooner we try and invest in a quality, tried and tested centre forward and leave DCL and Tosun to fight over the "impact sub" position. The sooner we can get shut the better imo.

For the 30 odd million Arnautiutuueutovic is being quoted for, I'd be in there too. Can play up top or wide left/right, and has pace, strength and certainly knows where the net is. Would also weaken West Ham.

I'm just kind of hoping we have something better in the bag though. No doubt its going to be a long January.

:whistle: not to piss on your bonfire but the Arnautovic offer was 35m and they aren't interested in selling, would need to be way more than that to buy him

January 10, 2019, 04:52:00 PM
Reply #54

Of course
:whistle: not to piss on your bonfire but the Arnautovic offer was 35m and they aren't interested in selling, would need to be way more than that to buy him

Jeez. Of course they wont be interested in initial bids - no team ever is, but 35 odd is a good starting point. As opposed to say the 50+ mil starting point for Callum Wilson, etc. I think hes worth a lot more than 35 and would love to see him at Everton myself. He's no spring chicken, but could do a job for us. As I say, I would hope for someone even better, but you know us.

January 10, 2019, 05:03:25 PM
Reply #55

Cereal Killer

Meh, starting points/offers, whatever

Both clubs would want over 60m, both ridiculous prices and neither worth consideration

January 10, 2019, 05:39:22 PM
Reply #56

I dont give a flying fuck about arbitrary valuations, I want someone to stick the ball in the back of the net and turn some losses into draws and some draws into much needed wins. If Bournemouth beat us at the we will be closer to the relegation positions that the European positions.

January 10, 2019, 10:12:53 PM
Reply #57

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I dont give a flying fuck about arbitrary valuations, I want someone to stick the ball in the back of the net and turn some losses into draws and some draws into much needed wins. If Bournemouth beat us at the we will be closer to the relegation positions that the European positions.
I don't think you need to worry about relegation. If it's looking close there was probably some agreement in Sam''s leaving deal about him coming back if necessary.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 10, 2019, 10:33:09 PM
Reply #58

Cereal Killer

Ok

You're the one who indicated you'd go for Arnautovic for the region of 30m, I pointed out this wasn't ever going to happen

Anyway we digress

Any further news on our Oumar?

January 10, 2019, 10:38:03 PM
Reply #59

D15TIN

we arnt getting relegated, but could fizzle right out and finish 13th, which isn't acceptable for the money spent