October 22, 2019, 05:50:12 PM

Author Topic: Niasse to Palace  (Read 8208 times)

January 10, 2019, 10:53:40 PM
Read 8208 times

kramer0

It'll be interesting to see if there's an actual market for him or if we end up just letting his contract expire.

January 10, 2019, 11:09:38 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

It's kind of fun to look at the disturbingly high number of players we own.

Only Williams, Browning, Jagielka, and Baines (who might get renewed year-to-year while he still has use) come off the books this June.

Brands must be really looking forward to 2020 when we lose Stekelenburg, McCarthy, Martina, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Galloway, Niasse, and Mirallas.

I'm hoping we can also get rid of Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Sandro, and Tosun within the next 6-8 months but it's likely that some of them will still be on the books for the next two seasons (possibly three in Tosun's case).

January 10, 2019, 11:20:36 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

Wonder how much in wages we could free up if we got rid of all of the above. Got to be close to 500k pw.

A considerable amount.

And the truly crazy thing is we barely even need to replace any of those players (basically just the forwards).

January 17, 2019, 04:02:25 AM
Reply #3

kramer0

We chose Ronald Koeman when Lucien Favre was on the shortlist.

*shakes head in disgust*

January 17, 2019, 04:49:10 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

The worst thing about this transfer has always been the disconnect between Niasse's playing style and Martinez's "philosophy."

No sane person would sign this player for a possession-based approach.

January 17, 2019, 04:58:30 AM
Reply #5

kramer0

He defo didnít watch him.

He lied about scouting Besic for two years, only to say he signed him off the back of the World Cup.

Thereís a backhander in there somewhere.

It makes you wonder what Kevin Reeves even did.

January 17, 2019, 05:04:04 AM
Reply #6

kramer0

Apart from Lukaku and Barry did he sign any actually good players?

Deulofeu and Holgate were worth the money.

I think McCarthy could have been a quality player if he had gotten better coaching at that phase of his career. He stagnated big time under Martinez. Then the injuries started happening.

January 17, 2019, 05:18:27 AM
Reply #7

kramer0

His defensive output in his first season here was Gueye level.

I agree with Kramer though that for the tools he has he could have had more up and down about him if he had been under the right coach.

He's scored as many league goals with Wigan and Everton as he did with Hamilton as a teenager (I know, SPL, but still). It's crazy how he stopped shooting under Martinez.

He also had the technique to be much more than a sideways pass master.

It really is a shame. I was made up when we signed him but injuries and poor coaching tanked his career.

January 17, 2019, 07:32:35 PM
Reply #8

kramer0

What happened to Kenneth Zohore

It looks like he has 7 appearances and no goals this season.

More importantly, Everton didn't panic sign him for £30m (plus) last summer.