September 23, 2019, 05:08:02 PM

Author Topic: Niasse to Palace  (Read 7989 times)

January 17, 2019, 04:55:34 AM
Reply #105

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He defo didnít watch him.

He lied about scouting Besic for two years, only to say he signed him off the back of the World Cup.

Thereís a backhander in there somewhere.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 17, 2019, 04:57:57 AM
Reply #106

Bluenose 91

Just think he's a clueless idiot and genuinely thought they were good players.

January 17, 2019, 04:58:30 AM
Reply #107

kramer0

He defo didnít watch him.

He lied about scouting Besic for two years, only to say he signed him off the back of the World Cup.

Thereís a backhander in there somewhere.

It makes you wonder what Kevin Reeves even did.

January 17, 2019, 05:00:42 AM
Reply #108

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from Lukaku and Barry did he sign any actually good players?

January 17, 2019, 05:04:04 AM
Reply #109

kramer0

Deulofeu and Holgate were worth the money.

I think McCarthy could have been a quality player if he had gotten better coaching at that phase of his career. He stagnated big time under Martinez. Then the injuries started happening.

January 17, 2019, 05:04:37 AM
Reply #110

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

McCarthy was good for needing to cover the gaps and as long as he had a progressive passer next to him.

January 17, 2019, 05:09:51 AM
Reply #111

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
McCarthy was good for needing to cover the gaps and as long as he had a progressive passer next to him.

His defensive output in his first season here was Gueye level.

I agree with Kramer though that for the tools he has he could have had more up and down about him if he had been under the right coach.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 17, 2019, 05:18:27 AM
Reply #112

kramer0

His defensive output in his first season here was Gueye level.

I agree with Kramer though that for the tools he has he could have had more up and down about him if he had been under the right coach.

He's scored as many league goals with Wigan and Everton as he did with Hamilton as a teenager (I know, SPL, but still). It's crazy how he stopped shooting under Martinez.

He also had the technique to be much more than a sideways pass master.

It really is a shame. I was made up when we signed him but injuries and poor coaching tanked his career.

January 17, 2019, 05:31:32 AM
Reply #113

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Lots of debate down here about this move. Loads of City fans happy that they gave signed a striker - any striker
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 17, 2019, 05:36:55 AM
Reply #114

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lots of debate down here about this move. Loads of City fans happy that they gave signed a striker - any striker

Give him the ball in the box and heíll bag.

Just donít expect him to do anything else.

January 17, 2019, 05:49:42 AM
Reply #115

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Give him the ball in the box and heíll bag.

Just donít expect him to do anything else.

Heíll get a few goals down here and be one a cult hero is my guess
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 17, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
Reply #116

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's scored as many league goals with Wigan and Everton as he did with Hamilton as a teenager (I know, SPL, but still). It's crazy how he stopped shooting under Martinez.

He also had the technique to be much more than a sideways pass master.

It really is a shame. I was made up when we signed him but injuries and poor coaching tanked his career.

His best games post 13/14 were when we played more 4-1-4-1/ 4-3-3 and he was further forward then the DM.

Think he scored pretty regularly albeit only small sample.

Utd home 14/15 (3-0); Norwich home 15/16 (3-0); and Bournemouth home 16/17 (3-0).

This allowed him to use his energy more vertically and limited the times he got on the ball deeper which exposed confidence issues in possession.

Another thing I will say is that heís been picked by Martinez, Unsworth x2, Koeman, and Allardyce when fit.

January 17, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
Reply #117

Free Agent

Their current striker is a right back by trade I think.

January 17, 2019, 05:52:01 PM
Reply #118

AllyBlue14

Still gutted he's going/gone. Yeah yeah he's not a classically 'good' striker but by arse or by elbow he's good for double figures each season. I just wish we could instil half of his attitude and enthusiasm into some of the current squad (and then maybe half of their technical ability into him).

I received a signed photo for Christmas - because who needs electricity when Oumar's smile can light up a room?

January 17, 2019, 05:54:57 PM
Reply #119

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What happened to Kenneth Zohore
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.