January 16, 2019, 07:20:14 AM

Author Topic: Who should be Captain  (Read 1399 times)

January 04, 2019, 09:08:44 PM
Read 1399 times

Robber Rodwell

Obviously our team seems to be playing with no will or showing any heart.  I love Seamus Coleman, however there seems to be a void of leadership in the team.

Would a change of Captain help, and if so who would you choose in the current squad?

Back in 2011 when the team visited Philadelphia, I was able to watch them train in front of a small group.  One player whose intensity, leadership and competitiveness stood out was Phil Neville.  This shocked me as I always classed Phil as a donkey, not fit to wear the shirt.  Even though this was preseason training, he was in everyone’s face.

I believe we are missing this extra bite right now.  I would give Richarlison the armband to shake things up.

January 04, 2019, 09:11:16 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The lad who can't speak English, Now that would "shake it up" as you say
Simply simply lovely

January 04, 2019, 09:13:27 PM
Reply #2

D15TIN

Richarlison ha, think Colemans got those leadership qualities but people seem to have gone off him now, sigurdssons a mute and cant do it, jagielka was the same.

January 04, 2019, 09:27:25 PM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

I can only think of Digne and Pickford being vocal enough to be the sort of old-fashioned captain we might need .
Not saying that would be the answer to our current problems like.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 04, 2019, 10:04:42 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

It’s a bit of a nothing title is captain. A proper team should have “captains” all over the park. Very worrying that we might not have any

January 04, 2019, 10:29:03 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It really doesn’t matter.

Having said that, giving the armband to Richarlison is a proper mad shout.

It’ll probably go to Keane once Coleman goes.

January 04, 2019, 10:40:06 PM
Reply #6

markB

Gomes  (if we can get him signed up )

just something the other Neville said about him after the 7-1 thumping they got

and I am of the mindset that a captain only maters in the game now if he is a good one

January 05, 2019, 12:40:19 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Digne or Gana
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 05, 2019, 01:14:15 AM
Reply #8

Waltzer

This isn't going to go down well, but I think a natural captain for us would be Mccarthy. I'm personally hoping he comes back and has a good injury free run, I get that most think he's litter but I actually rate him and think he'll improve our midfield when he returns for 2 to 3 games before getting sidelined again!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 05, 2019, 01:18:07 AM
Reply #9

BlueBeagle

This isn't going to go down well, but I think a natural captain for us would be Mccarthy. I'm personally hoping he comes back and has a good injury free run, I get that most think he's litter but I actually rate him and think he'll improve our midfield when he returns for 2 to 3 games before getting sidelined again!!

Is it just an Everton thing where the longer a player is out, the more people rate him I wonder?

January 05, 2019, 01:22:56 AM
Reply #10

Waltzer

Is it just an Everton thing where the longer a player is out, the more people rate him I wonder?
Possibly? He's been exempt from the shit served up for the best part of a year

January 05, 2019, 01:33:44 AM
Reply #11

BlueForYou

We need a leader and we don't have one

I would continue Coleman as captain with Pickford for vice-captain

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 05, 2019, 01:35:51 AM
Reply #12

BlueBeagle

Possibly? He's been exempt from the shit served up for the best part of a year

Valid point I suppose

January 05, 2019, 01:37:00 AM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

lolol
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 05, 2019, 03:22:15 AM
Reply #14

eyesalwaysblue

Don't think we should off hire him yet, we might be glad of him.
I still despise Clive Thomas..